Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
After Sandy left, we got down to business, playing Chez Geek with the Slack Attack! expansion.

In Chez Geek, everybody plays roomates in an apartment. Everybody draws a job at random to start. Each job gives the player an amount of Free Time and Income to spend in his quest to accumulate enough Slack to meet his job's Slack Goal and win the game. The better the job (in terms of Income and Free Time) the higher the Slack Goal. Each Activity you can play (using your Free Time) or Thing you can buy (using your Income) gives you a number of Slack points. At the beginning of each player's turn, he draws cards from the draw pile to bring his hand up to six cards. People cards can be played during the Call People phase, and Activities and Things can be played during the Activity or Buying Things phase (simple enough). Finally, there are Whenever cards that you can play whenever you like (duh!) that usually do not give you any Slack; they usually have some power that allows you to interrupt someone else's plots.

Steve drew the TA, who has a Slack Goal of 16 and is immune to certain Whenever cards. Kurt drew the Drummer, whose Slack Goal of 14 is one of the lowest in the game. I drew Tech Support, with a high Slack Goal (18) and the ability to play one Computer Games or Surf the Net Activity card each turn for free, without needing to use my one Free Time to do it. On the other hand, my 5 Income was the highest among the group.

I got unlucky early in the game; I couldn't seem to draw any of my two free Activities, being forced to use my only Free Time to Buy Things for Slack. I got a little steamed when I saw that both Kurt and Steve were Surfing the Net and playing Computer Games; I'm Tech Support -- that should be me!

Anyway, Steve managed to take a powerful lead with Activities, while Kurt got many Slack Points with People he called over. Few Cancels were drawn or played, and Steve won handily about four or five hands into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.