Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone come up with a really nice way to store your components?

Ever since I first opened the box, I've been trying to figure out a storage solution that makes setup and tear down as quick and easy as possible.

I have a Plano box for the troop minis and all of the bits, but a few of the creatures are too big to fit in there.

I'm also trying to figure out how to avoid laying out the power tiles individually every time I set up the game. The best solution that I've come up with at this point are these Ultra Pro 12-Pocket pages, but I can't find anyone who sells them individually, and I doubt that I'll ever have a need for a full box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ramirez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a picture of mine when I get home after work. Each player's miniatures are in separate plastic containers, with dividers. So I hand them their box, cards and board, and they're ready to go. I have a small plano-style box for all the counters. I painted my minis so I have part of Sabol army transport trays for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bagged the player pieces by color, and the creatures are in their own bag.

I have a little six-compartment Plano-type box for the VP counters.

The tiles are in two bags: one for levels one and two, the other for levels three and four. I generally lay them out on a large tray before starting the game.

It occurs to me that the best solution for the tiles would be a sort of small box with ridges on the bottom, so that one could flip through them by tipping the tiles forward and back.

I keep the board under the insert, because of previous problems with warping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I've bagged the player pieces by color, and the creatures are in their own bag.

I have a little six-compartment Plano-type box for the VP counters.

The tiles are in two bags: one for levels one and two, the other for levels three and four. I generally lay them out on a large tray before starting the game.

It occurs to me that the best solution for the tiles would be a sort of small box with ridges on the bottom, so that one could flip through them by tipping the tiles forward and back.

I keep the board under the insert, because of previous problems with warping.

This sounds very similar to what I'm doing as well. I include the battle cards in the bags with the pieces, so that I can hand each player a bag, flip open the plano box, and line up the power tiles, and we're ready to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A.

Sarasota
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
This thread pointed me to using coin collector thingies in order to both store and lay them out efficiently. I just got mine in the mail so I haven't had a chance to test it, but the idea seems sound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a plano and all the token/figures fit in it. (not the cards tho)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lizard_King wrote:
This thread pointed me to using coin collector thingies in order to both store and lay them out efficiently. I just got mine in the mail so I haven't had a chance to test it, but the idea seems sound.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had hesitated getting the 20-pocket pages because the tiles are bigger than the pockets, but it looks like they will fit okay after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think the tuck boxes I created cut down the game setup/tear down to the absolute minimum you're looking for, but they do organize the components: Kemet Tuck Boxes

Here's how they look in the game box:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inside the box. On the right is a dual sided plano box that comfortably holds all the armies and a couple of the smaller creatures on one side and all the cards and pyramids on the other side. On the left is a smaller plano box that holds all the tokens. Also all power tiles are bagged and sorted. And the rest of the larger creatures are bagged.

Plano box storage. The smaller box holds all the tokens. The larger box is dual sided. This side contains all the armies and a couple smaller creatures.

Flip the larger plano box over and you have all the cards and all the power pyramids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.