United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to play Lagoon at BGG.con with it's designer David Chott in 2013. We played either 2 or 3 times over the course of the weekend and it was one of my favorite games that I played at BGG.con.

I only played as a 2 player game, so your mileage may vary with more players.

If you want to have an explanation on how to play, head over to the Kickstarter project and watch the video...

The reasons that I like the game:

1. Simple easy to learn rules made it quick to start playing.

2. The tiles (locations) modify what you can do in the game. This makes for a HUGE variety of game play that can occur.

3. The double-sided nature of the tiles where I can choose from one of 2 options for the type of magic that is associated with the new land.

4. The seed system. You gain tokens of the certain magic type of a new land that you put into play or "seed". These tokens can be spent during the game for certain actions or saved till the end of the game where they might be worth points.

5. The spatial nature of the game board. It adds some strategy on where you place powerful new locations so that it will be easier for you to access than your opponents.

6. The unraveling of the game board and removing locations. Very nice.

7. Several different locations can be used in combination to great effect.

8. Players have some control over when the game will end. I really like games with mechanics that allow me to have control over how quickly the game might end.

TL;DR version...

I really like the game, and I am an early and excited backer. David is a nice and likable fellow. I expect that Lagoon will do well on Kickstarter and that those who back the game will be very pleased with what they get.

Oh and none of those reasons have to do with the art... Seriously, have you seen the artwork?? It is amazing.

Cheers,

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what is... "TL;DR" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too Long ; Didn't Read

Because some people's brains have atrophied so much that when presented with more than one short paragraph of text they recoil in pain and confusion and hide under the table until it is replaced with a video or short list of bullet points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats funny because, the TLDR was so LARGE and eye catching, that I skipped over the eight points to read the conclusion. But, I just went back and read the 8 points.

had the TLDR not been there, I would have read the whole thing

GROGNARDS READ RULEZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.