United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter has approved the project for This Town Ain't Big Enough For The 2-4 Of Us, so we will be launching on Monday.

After this project and Scoville, TMG will be on a Kickstarter sabbatical for 3-5 months...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wolfe
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
After this project and Scoville, TMG will be on a Kickstarter sabbatical for 3-5 months...

Oh thank god. I only have so much money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some pretty sad ellipses...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean no kickstarter for Kings of Air and Steam expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:

I think it means you have to wait at least 3 months before it will be Kickstarted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
honestly i wish you were on the sabbatical now.

I'd like to see something of the 4 micro games I've already supported, before i throw more money at micro games.

It's a great little system, but we've no idea how the shipping part of it will turn out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:

So we have to wait for Scott Almes micro-euro-game called "Harbour"??
:-(

I was hoping for a micro-games every one or two month, and was hoping to see some Japanese micro-game after your trip to Japan....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:

We have to wait for the artwork to be finished before Kickstarting the game anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sportacus wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:

I was hoping for a micro-games every one or two month, and was hoping to see some Japanese micro-game after your trip to Japan....

Harbour is bigger than a micro game, and it will likely be the next game that we Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
Sportacus wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:

Harbour is bigger than a micro game, and it will likely be the next game that we Kickstarter.

It was Scott himself in a recent interview that said "micro" about Harbour.
I'll wait for it hoping you'll be able to find some solution to make the kickstarter EU frendly....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sportacus wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
Sportacus wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:

It was Scott himself in a recent interview that said "micro" about Harbour.
I'll wait for it hoping you'll be able to find some solution to make the kickstarter EU frendly....

In this case, micro means we are targeting an MSRP of $15. Not like the pay what you want games we have been running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Martín
Spain
flag msg tools
And what about "microeminent domain"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recalled having read something along those lines... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pepius wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recalled having read something along those lines... ninja

After the Sabbatical...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a micro deckbuilder? It's got just as many cards as a regular deckbuilder but they are really tiny cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
In this case, micro means we are targeting an MSRP of $15. Not like the pay what you want games we have been running

Scott is getting a lot of success with TEK that shares the same MSRP with Harbour.

A MSRP of 15$ is not a micro-game but is quite affordable even for us european (as log as value of goods and shipping are below 22€, which means 28-29$, we are save from paying VAT and tools).

Harbour will be not a micro-game, but I'm pretty sure I'll back it :-)
And I'm pretty sure I'll back all of your micro-game too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Sportacus wrote:

A MSRP of 15$ is not a micro-game but is quite affordable even for us european (as log as value of goods and shipping are below 22€, which means 28-29$, we are save from paying VAT

Price doesn't determine if something is a micro game - play time and number of components does. For example council of Verona is a microgame and it costs $10-15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanders wrote:
Sportacus wrote:

A MSRP of 15$ is not a micro-game but is quite affordable even for us european (as log as value of goods and shipping are below 22€, which means 28-29$, we are save from paying VAT

Price doesn't determine if something is a micro game - play time and number of components does. For example council of Verona is a microgame and it costs $10-15.

I may agree, but there isn't a general consensus on what a micro-game is.

I was talking of a future project, Harbour from designer Scott Almes, that will be published by TMG.
Tiny Epic Kingdom, also from Scott, is defined by Scott and his publisher as "A 4X/Euro MICROGAME for 2-4 players! Do you have what it takes to create the greatest pocket-sized Kingdom!? Only $16"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Martín
Spain
flag msg tools
sedjtroll wrote:
Pepius wrote:

After the Sabbatical...

Biting my nails...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.