Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Im just used to kickstarters where the majority of stretch goals are either freely added to pledges or become add ons for purchase/addon once unlocked but the various pledge levels seem to be promoting people not pledge and take a wait and see role.

Basically you have to pledge at a higher level to get access to stretch goals ( upto a certain overfunding ) and then up your pledge again to gain access to the next tier of stretch goals and then do it once more to gain the final and highest overfunded stretch goals. If that wasnt bad enough, the higher levels also include expansion/s which obviously raise the pledge price even more. ( not bad if you wanted to add on for it/them anyways but bad if you didnt want it )

Why would someone want to pledge more ( and in some instances ALOT more ) money for a pledge that could in theory include NOTHING extra above the base game ( or just an expansion/s at alot more than you could just add-on to your base pledge for ).

To me it is promoting people not pledge until that level includes all the stretch goals possible or includes enough that they feel the tier is worth the money. Or even worse yet, pledge at a higher level and then at the last minute change their pledge to alot lower one if goals they wanted werent met.

Perhaps the stretch goals could all become add ons and the total to purchase all would be a little more than the pledge tier to promote those pledge tiers as a good value and people would then know they would get their moneys worth.

I want to pledge and want the game to do well, but I fear the way the pledges are currently, the game will not do as well as it should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Langlois
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks, Ernie! Keep an eye on the KS, we'll be uploading a new stretch goal list to break up the tiers and grant rewards to all levels sooner.

That should go up in a few hours.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MJLanglois wrote:
Thanks, Ernie! Keep an eye on the KS, we'll be uploading a new stretch goal list to break up the tiers and grant rewards to all levels sooner.

That should go up in a few hours.

Mike

Awesome to hear Mike. You should post when tiers change. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gonzalez
Netherlands
Amsterdam
CE
flag msg tools
I second Ernie's constructive critique (and appreciate the dev's response). I've been tracking this game for several weeks now, and the pledge levels put me back on my heels. To my (admittedly not very Kickstarter-experienced) eyes, the Grunt/Heavy/Commander concept is ill-conceived. Instead of creating the sense of shared momentum ("all of us who have pledged at a basic level can look forward to more and more amazing stuff as more folks keep pledging!) as the Myth and Zombicide kickstarters did, this requires an "elite" buy-in to qualify for stretch goals.

Other things that I think are missing:

1) Rules PDF

2) Gameplay video

3) Components image in which map has finished topographical details.

Hope that is helpful. I look forward to checking out the revised stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Langlois
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks, John!

On the missing bits: Those are all on the way, with the rules PDF coming very soon (hopefully tomorrow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Langlois
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Revised pledge levels are up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gonzalez
Netherlands
Amsterdam
CE
flag msg tools
The revisions are a slight improvement in my opinion, but don't fix the fundamental problem, which is the Grunt/Heavy/Commander tiers.

The tiers themselves are strange, too. Why does a "Grunt" pledge not unlock "Grunt" stretch items, for example? It seems poorly thought out.

The game concept interests me, but so far I'm not seeing any reason to pledge instead of waiting for retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.