Hide
8 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do you use the other bombs and mobs in a base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Crandall
msg tools
I see there are bombs for air/wind/fire but the base game does not have a krosmaster that has the ability to summon those bombs. Am I missing something or are there MOBs in the base game that can't be used????

Same goes for the MOB creatures- There are only 3 krosmasters in the base game that allow you to summon things (water bomb, tofus and goddball) How do you use the other MOBs or circular disks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not an expert as I just got the game, but I think some of the expansion characters can use these items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tarnow
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is accurate, the expansion pack characters use these tokens. They aren't included in the packs so you have to use them from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Wabbit is summoned with a Demonic Reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Crandall
msg tools
that is such a strange setup- they basically try to force you to buy expansions- so stange to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
jasno999 wrote:
that is such a strange setup- they basically try to force you to buy expansions- so stange to me.

well, it's based on video games that are the pay-to-win model, so I'm not surprised.

They're also really nice sculpts, so I'm not too sad to buy more, though the fact that a lot of them are repaints is a major pisser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have seemed to make more sense to include token sheets for the items used by expansion characters in the expansions, and include spares for the base characters in the base set, so I can have them on the board and next to the cards at the same time. After all they include 8 dice in the set so that you can keep the bonuses on the characters during the full turn, when you only actually "need" two to roll at any given time.

I guess this might have something to do with the way they sell some characters in blind booster boxes, and so it's important that you can't tell the difference between characters in these boxes by weighing them and working out which ones have tokens in? Or something mad like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Temeraire wrote:

I guess this might have something to do with the way they sell some characters in blind booster boxes, and so it's important that you can't tell the difference between characters in these boxes by weighing them and working out which ones have tokens in? Or something mad like that.

from following Magic blogs, it seems that making sure the right extra pieces get into a pack when you're randomizing the contents of that box is very difficult.

Though the boxes aren't really random since you get a set in a case, so it may just be the "3 sheets of tokens in the main box" or "15 sheets of tokens plus sorting costs would have added a buck to the cost"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.