Subject: weapons and mystery card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hermes ayala

Littleton
COLORADO
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, so ive played RC a few times solo, havent won yet but getting closer. I feel I have a good grasp on the game but the only a few things im unsure of still are:

1: Weapon levels, everything Ive read still makes me unsure. Question is say my weapon level is at zero. I build a weapon and it has +3. I pay the wood to go up a level(for building a weapon,) do I also go up the +3? Making my weapon level 4. The last thing is if I go up to level 4 do I have to spend any more wood?

2. Mystery cards. In the rule book it says you may drawing cards till you want to stop after resolving it. So say i get a D. token or something that lets me draw a treasure. I resolve it. Do i keep getting to do this over? Because seems like all treasures are pretty good.

3. Character abilties is stated cant be used during resolving of action, event etc. can you use other stuff like your starting weapons or discovery tokens during resolving?

So I feel I'm missing something in these two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
hayala wrote:
Hello, so ive played RC a few times solo, havent won yet but getting closer. I feel I have a good grasp on the game but the only a few things im unsure of still are:

1: Weapon levels, everything Ive read still makes me unsure. Question is say my weapon level is at zero. I build a weapon and it has +3. I pay the wood to go up a level(for building a weapon,) do I also go up the +3? Making my weapon level 4. The last thing is if I go up to level 4 do I have to spend any more wood?

2. Mystery cards. In the rule book it says you may drawing cards till you want to stop after resolving it. So say i get a D. token or something that lets me draw a treasure. I resolve it. Do i keep getting to do this over? Because seems like all treasures are pretty good.

3. Character abilties is stated cant be used during resolving of action, event etc. can you use other stuff like your starting weapons or discovery tokens during resolving?

So I feel I'm missing something in these two.

1. Yes, if say you build the spear you get +3 and then if you do the weapon action you get a +1 making it +4 in total (so if you started at 0 you're at 4). For cost, if you build an ITEM you pay only the cost of that item ! So for example if you build the knife it costs nothing. If you do the build weapon action you pay 1 wood each time you do it. So in our case since the spear costs 1 wood, if you also do the weapon build action you'd have to pay 2 wood in total (1 for spear, 1 for the other action). If on the other hand you do only the sling you can pay 1 fur for it and get only +2 in total (if that's your only action).

2. No this is not how it works. If you get the treasure token, just draw a treasure from the mystery deck. Just one.
The rule you're mentioning is regarding multiple draws. For example if you need to draw 2 monsters and 1 treasure, you could stop after getting 1 monster and 1 treasure.

3. I think it was stated by the designer that you cannot interrupt the resolution of something so I'd say no but I don't see how that'd be a problem. Just use the items before or after. Temporary weapons though like the pistol can be used anytime you fight a beast if that is what you're asking. Can you be more specific on what situation that would be a problem ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
acken wrote:
2. No this is not how it works. If you get the treasure token, just draw a treasure from the mystery deck. Just one.
The rule you're mentioning is regarding multiple draws. For example if you need to draw 2 monsters and 1 treasure, you could stop after getting 1 monster and 1 treasure (you need at least one of each category you need to draw as written in the rules I believe).

You're incorrect. You can stop after getting two treasures without having to also get a monster.

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need to draw and resolve one card of the specified type(s). You could stop after one treasure because you don't want to risk the next card you resolve being a monster. If you hit the monster first, you might as well keep going because the next two cards you resolve will be treasures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
You're right I misread the FAQ. I edited my first post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hermes ayala

Littleton
COLORADO
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
for question 3: I guess i need more of a breakdown of resolution. Im more concerned with weather or effects; I'm resolving the rolling were I cant do or use anything till I pay for the effects/ results of roll. so if I roll weather die, say 4 clouds. Can I discard my discovery token(cancel 1 cloud) to stop one of the clouds? This would be interrupting resolution imo. The only thing in the rules I fine saying I cant do stuff during resolution is character abilities which also is strange because the cooks last ability of canceling a cloud seems like it would be used once you know you have a cloud to deal with. I guess you can just waste 3 determination tokens to be precautions. But any how there is tons of things I could be speaking of. effects from event, treat, adventure, etc. can i use tokens weapons i have to pay for these?

You state use before or after? maybe you can walk me through a few examples? can you use stuff( tokens,starting weapons, character abilities after I roll to pay???(weather,event effects, threat effects? field effects)

QUESTION 1, can you be more clear on building weapons, I think im misunderstanding of building weapons, seems like youre saying you have to place a worker on the weapon level to build a weapon? I assumed you place your worker on the weapon as long as you have the requirments. Once successful I would pay 1 wood for build a weapon, moving up 1 on the weapon level plus adding any bonus from the weapon.

Question 2: still unclear. The example in rules pg 16 on M.cards says you have to draw 3 m. cards (1 monster 2 treasure) says you can stop after you resolve the first treasure or continue??? you're saying if you had to draw 3 you can stop after one of each, the other post stated you have to draw two treasures ???!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
3. Ok I understand your concern. No you can use the weather token to remove one cloud, no problem (or cook's ability). I believe what you're referring to was detailed by the designer as "you cannot go back in time", the exemple given was that you couldn't use a +1 palisade token after seeing the result of an event or dice. To be honest that's the only example where this is an issue that comes to my mind...
If someone would be so kind as to put the reference.

1. Ok let's be clear here. Building a weapon ITEM (knife, spear) isn't the same same thing as building weapon "levels". I know that written here it's confusing but what I mean is that you have two choices. Either you place your pawn on the INVENTION CARD representing a weapon for a BUILD INVENTION action or you place it in the top right corner for a BUILD WEAPON action.
These are 2 separate stuff !

If you decide to build the knife you place a pawn (or 2) on the knife. If it,s successful you raise weapon by 1, do not pay anything, and flip the knife card.
If you decide to build weapon (top right corner action) you put a pawn (or 2) there. If successful you pay one wood and raise weapon by 1.
If you decide to build the spear, you put pawns on the spear. If successful you raise weapon by 3, pay the 1 wood required and flip that card.

These 3 examples are 3 SEPARATE actions. Does it make sense ?
Reading this it should now be clear to you that taking Building_Knife action is better than Building_Weapon action. But you can only build the knife once.

2. If you have to draw 2X and 1Y you draw until you either find a X or a Y. Once resolved you have a choice to continue or stop. If you had a Y and chose to continue, since you only need 1Y you draw until you get a X and ignore other Y. If you had a X instead and chose to continue, you draw until you get your second X or a Y.
So if I need 2Treasure 1Monster.
-I draw a monster first: I'll continue for sure since now I can only get 2 treasures. It would be stupid to stop.
-I draw a treasure first: I'll have to ponder whether or not I want to risk a monster.
-I draw 2 treasures successively without a monster: I'll stop since the next applicable card is necessarily a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hermes ayala

Littleton
COLORADO
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
awesome, thank you!!! The mystery card drawing seems a bit weird too me but I understood all of it. Thanks a bunch =D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.