Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a big plea to anyone who is going to the release party! Please give us poor unfortunate souls that can't make it to the event some inside scoop Nothing major but maybe inherent powers of the heroes? What each of them is good at? How does the villain team work? >G have done a swell job of maintaining complete information blackout on this one and I am itching to know a few tidbits here and there I am reasonably sure I am not the only one either Please help us!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The Vengeance box has an ad with the name/theme of the next expansion.

Not at the party, but the villain team each has their own deck and you play (H) of them depending on the number of heroes. For example, in a 4 hero game you'd play against 4 of the Vengeful Five decks, alternating turns V-H-V-H etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmschex wrote:
The Vengeance box has an ad with the name/theme of the next expansion.

Oh, man! Now you have to tell us!

Quote:
Not at the party, but the villain team each has their own deck and you play (H) of them depending on the number of heroes. For example, in a 4 hero game you'd play against 4 of the Vengeful Five decks, alternating turns V-H-V-H etc

Sounds neat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Cabibi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the G2G forums, it's called "Wrath of the Cosmos"

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/so-who-wants-to-kno...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh cool on the villain gameplay! Bringing this gamechanger to how villains work makes me wonder how the series is going to move forward? More villains that can play on a team or solo ones? Or maybe we're just going to get an expansion that makes team villains playable solo and solo villains playable as a team (via new decks perhaps)whistle

How are the heroes? Any info on that front?

Thanks a bunch for all the contributions from folks who've gotten their box already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
The heroes all play differently than established heroes. KNYFE is the first 1 complexity hero since the base box - lots of damage, but more versatility than Ra, kind of a cross between him and Chrono Ranger. Setback is the ultimate "gambling" hero, moreso than Nightmist. The Sentinels are all about using one-shots that combo off the different team members. Parse is a controller/utility character. The Naturalist shape shifts into animal forms. I don't want to get too much into specific cards/combos, but hopefully that should give you an idea when breaking out the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmschex wrote:
The heroes all play differently than established heroes. KNYFE is the first 1 complexity hero since the base box - lots of damage, but more versatility than Ra, kind of a cross between him and Chrono Ranger. Setback is the ultimate "gambling" hero, moreso than Nightmist. The Sentinels are all about using one-shots that combo off the different team members. Parse is a controller/utility character. The Naturalist shape shifts into animal forms. I don't want to get too much into specific cards/combos, but hopefully that should give you an idea when breaking the box out of basic shticks.

*drool* More details please! :-D

I hate that I missed the KS on this and will have to wait another month to see it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea for a thread, but now I want Vengeance even more than before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input, Charles! That's a nice little overview and pretty much what I was looking for (if not everything I was hoping for ). I was really wondering about the Sentinels and your little bit about them makes me think they work sort of like the Ennead with cards triggering some specific abilities on them.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I will say they arent exactly like the Ennead, more that their cards work best with certain members in play. They have lower starting HP than normal character cards, so keeping as many of them upright as possible is paramount to getting the most out of their deck, which is why they are a complexity 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh hey, I just found that the SotM wiki has been updated with some info on the Vengeance folks (both heroes and villains). You can find the wiki here:
http://sotm.wikidot.com/

Now what I wonder is what in the world are mini-nemeses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the cards in the Vengeance villain decks are targets that are also nemeses of certain heroes, just like the Rat Beast from the Final Wasteland being Chrono-Ranger's nemesis, and Anubis with Ra.

Example: one card is The Hippo (whom you can see on the art of Elbow Smash. Unsurprisingly he's Haka's mini-nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And even more updates to the Wiki

(being the main curator of the wiki, I took a break to watch the Superbowl heh. Still updating more things to come. Don't miss the release party page!

http://sotm.wikidot.com/vengeance-release-party
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help but always call 'The Hippo' Hippocolypse, thanks to the many forumites that coined the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Errr, is that an Argent Adept promo at the Vengeance Release party link? :o We've heard nothing of such a mighty card! How does one get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That character is Kvothe from The Kingkiller Chronicle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm a little confused.

There are five villain decks in Vengeance, right? And each have several mini nemeses in them.

Do you play, say, Ermine, plus some of her mini nemeses? Or do you play H out of Ermine/Blade/FT/Prolet/the other one at once?

And if so, does that mean there is only technically one villain set in the expansion, and it's incompatable with the other ones from previous sets?

I'm sure it'll all become clear once the rulebook shows up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Bakatron wrote:
So, I'm a little confused.

There are five villain decks in Vengeance, right? And each have several mini nemeses in them.

Do you play, say, Ermine, plus some of her mini nemeses? Or do you play H out of Ermine/Blade/FT/Prolet/the other one at once?

And if so, does that mean there is only technically one villain set in the expansion, and it's incompatable with the other ones from previous sets?

I'm sure it'll all become clear once the rulebook shows up

The mini nemeses are part of each deck they are listed under, like minions in Dawn/Voss/any other villain deck.

The v5 are 1 villain, but modular, so unless you are playing a 5 player game every time you will face a different combination since you select H decks to play against. It's a different take on fighting a villain team than the Ennead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. The Vengeful Five are technically one deck, which is what the original '12 or 8 decks, depending on how you look at it' thing alluded to way back when Vengeance was first teased as a mega-expansion.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how the Vengeful V work off of each other, if at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And incompatible is a misleading statement

Any Heroes from before vengeance and within vengeance can face the Vengeance 5. Any heroes from within Vengeance can face any of the villains from before Vengeance as well.

Just that if you choose to go up against the Vengeful Five encounter you will have a number of decks equal to the number of heroes being played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume then that the decks individually are not strong enough to be fought alone? Maybe one on one fights? Might have to try that.

Ok, it's a slight shame there's only one encounter, but at least there is a bunch of variety to it. I'm gonna look at Vengeance as a hero set with a special scenario to play in it

Wonder if they plan to do more mini villains like this down the line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle C
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ah eee hah!
badge
YUB NUB!
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkfox wrote:
And even more updates to the Wiki

(being the main curator of the wiki, I took a break to watch the Superbowl heh. Still updating more things to come. Don't miss the release party page!

http://sotm.wikidot.com/vengeance-release-party

So these images that we don't know about and that were never there, any word on when/if such a card might see general availability? (Hypothetically, that is. If in fact it were to be real.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Cabibi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexmitko wrote:
Errr, is that an Argent Adept promo at the Vengeance Release party link? :o We've heard nothing of such a mighty card! How does one get it?

Curses! I missed my sneak peek at the promo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
alexmitko wrote:

codermike wrote:
That character is Kvothe from The Kingkiller Chronicle

Wait, what? Now I'm really sad I missed being able to see that card, especially if it has something to do with that Kvothe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.