Warriors of God: The Wars of England & France, 1135-1453» Forums » General

Subject: OOP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
This is my world now... A dichotomy of order and chaos, just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see BGG listings, but no online stores seem to have this in stock. Has this game gone out of print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
According to MMP's website, it is OOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
This is my world now... A dichotomy of order and chaos, just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. But thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
badge
madslaust wrote:
Bummer. But thanks for the response!
I found an unpunched copy for a very fair price on the CSW marketplace. Copies are out there, try to get one, it's a very, very good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also preorder Warriors of Japan, which uses a similar system (so I'm told).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
You can also preorder Warriors of Japan, which uses a similar system (so I'm told).
Still, he ought to be aware that at its current preorder pace, it could literally be years before this game sees production--if it ever does at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as an FYI here's the link to WoJ:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/58/CategoryID/9/Prod...

I pre-ordered this a few days ago and it looks like another 4 people have done the same so it's definitely moving forward, just slowly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's several copies in the BGG Marketplace around the $70 + shipping range.

This is a really great game. Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The game is divisive - some love the story it weaves, others despise the randomness of leader death - but I'm sorry to hear it's out of print. One of my favorites of the past few years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Cicco
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there may be more demand for a reprint of this than for Warriors of Japan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
newmanium7 wrote:
I feel like there may be more demand for a reprint of this than for Warriors of Japan.

Which seems silly. I mean, Warriors of God obviously sold well enough since it's now OOP... but the game certainly didn't fly off shelves and has been discounted multiple times in MMP sales if I recall correctly.

Is the current uptick in interest simply due to the game becoming unavailable? If people regret missing out, why not support Warriors of Japan and help ensure that game actually get published?

Regardless, some things worth pointing out that:
* I think Warriors of God is a great game: fun, relatively quick once you have the turn process down, plenty of room for clever play, and builds a great narrative if you have a bit of imagination.
* Warriors of Japan (if it gets published) uses a similar system but will likely have some notable differences (leader death and betrayals likely being a significant change).
* Anyone who preorders Warriors of Japan wouldn't have to pay until the game is actually ready to ship - worth keeping in mind that actual commitment is pretty low for MMP preorders so there isn't much to lose by putting an order in if you were at all interested in this game system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ni L
msg tools
badge
Good news. A reprint is on the way. Too bad I already got a second hand copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rookism wrote:
Good news. A reprint is on the way. Too bad I already got a second hand copy.

Too bad I didn't sell my copy before the announcement.

Kidding aside, I kept the game because I really enjoy it - even if it doesn't hit the table NEARLY enough. At least the VASSAL module is solid so it's easier to find opponents.

People at all interested should jump on the reprint. Warriors of God can feel chaotic due to the random leader death, but it's one heck of a ride!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you hear of a pendng reprint? There's nothing on the MMP site regarding this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP sent out an e-mail update to its customers. It will probably get posted on their website eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

What's with all the frikkin' crypto-posts with no detail guys? You all typing on a phone from 2006?

Multi-Man Publishing sent out a "Customer Update" email that included the following:

Quote:
The IGS Report

We have exciting news for for IGS/GTS. We are very happy to announce the pending reprints of three of the most popular games in the IGS and GTS lines.

First, A Victory Lost, designed by Tetsuya Nakamura, simulates the Soviet Army attacking the Axis Armies after the encirclement of Stalingrad. With the 6th Army trapped, the Soviet Army has nothing less than the entire Axis southern front in its sights. Only a brilliant yet desperate counter attack called the "Backhand Blow" would stop the Soviet attack and stabilize the southern front.

Warriors of God is returning as well. A winner of the Charles Roberts Award for the best pre-20th Century Game, Warriors of God features two complete games in one box. One game, named after the movie "The Lion in Winter", pits a resurgent England against France in the 12th and 13th centuries. In the second game, France has its turn to be resurgent and with Joan of Arc in the lead, takes back what is hers in the 13th and 14th centuries.

Both A Victory Lost and Warriors of God are in production and should be available shortly.

Finally, one of the most popular games ever produced by MMP may be back after a 7 year absence. The Devil's Cauldron is a giant game of the northern half of Operation Market-Garden focusing on the defense of Arnhem. Don't miss your chance to pre-order this title!

MMP does not send very many emails, so I recommend getting your address on their list for the rare occasion when they do. They've announced a sale or two in the past that has had some very good prices, including some oddballs like Storm Over Stalingrad in a ziplock on the cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ni L
msg tools
badge
Link was posted on consimworld news page.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=e1504024-2...

I agree that MMP needs to coordinate their online communication a little more.

They are already at printers. I'm guessing no preorder campaign.

Edit: I just stumbled on the news by accident, I just assumed I was late to the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any indication that the reprint will include the "War By Proxy" module that appeared in their magazine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The announcement doesn't indicate that - I'd assume straight reprint until told otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls