Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What are the Generals' attack and defence ratings used for? I cannot find this in the rules.

2) 16.5 "Resource card plus committed CSP plus total attack strength of entire force minus attacker's IT = total attack strength." What is the definition of the "total attack strength of the entire force" on which the total attack strength is based?

Philip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Reread the rules on combat. Your strength is the total of the general's attack or defense ratings plus any CSP plus any resource modifiers. Defenders may also get terrain bonuses.

2) It's the sum of all the attack ratings of the generals in the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense, but on re-reading the Combat Rules (16.0) and Basic Concepts and Terminology (2.0) I cannot find where it says that strength = ratings. Do you know where it is written?

Thanks,

Philip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Philip, but I don't think that is pointed out that a general's rating is the same as his combat strength. It was fairly well understood by everyone in test-play so no one thought it needed explaining. It appears we were wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.