Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked at buying this game but need to ask a couple questions.

1. Is this available now? OR is it on Pre-order? I see Cardhaus has it in stock for $49.99 although I have never dealt with them (are they any good?). I wonder if these are "reprints"? OR New Old Stock? Coolstuff is selling it for $80 and it is OOS.

2. Is it really "worth" $80? Looks good, but...

3. If these are "reprints" how do they measure up to the original game?

Thanks, that is it for now.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William L
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:

1. Is this available now? OR is it on Pre-order? I see Cardhaus has it in stock for $49.99 although I have never dealt with them (are they any good?). I wonder if these are "reprints"? OR New Old Stock? Coolstuff is selling it for $80 and it is OOS.

Jim

1) Yes it is available. Check out boardgamebliss.com. It's only $54.95 CAD plus shipping. Cool Stuff jacked up the price to take advantage of how popular this game is.

2) Yes, this game is amazing. I love it and it's one of my favorite board games ever. But you can find it cheaper, so do so.

3) Someone else can handle this question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:

Jim

1. Here is the short and sweet: The game came out ages back but ZMan has been having issues keeping up with demand. This, in and of itself, should tell you that it has had a fantastic resonance. Many of us have been waiting 2 years to get our hands on the bloody thing (just got mine).

2. Worth is subjective. I bought it for $60, with shipping included.

3. This is the original game. The reprint element is in reference to print runs (the initial few sold out).

*edit: if you meant, "how does the quality of print run #1 stack up to print run #2," I'd have to recuse myself as well. For what it is worth, I've not heard anybody making the loud comparative rumblings other games have endured (e.g. Terra Mystica). I can't say there isn't a difference, but nobody has commented on it in the forums. Maybe nobody has done the comparison, but I can attest to the the components in my recently acquired copy being of decent quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

1. Here is the short and sweet: The game came out ages back but ZMan has been having issues keeping up with demand. This, in and of itself, should tell you that it has had a fantastic resonance. Many of us have been waiting 2 years to get our hands on the bloody thing (just got mine).

2. Worth is subjective. I bought it for $60, with shipping included.

3. This is the original game. The reprint element is in reference to print runs (the initial few sold out).

*edit: if you meant, "how does the quality of print run #1 stack up to print run #2," I'd have to recuse myself as well. For what it is worth, I've not heard anybody making the loud comparative rumblings other games have endured (e.g. Terra Mystica). I can't say there isn't a difference, but nobody has commented on it in the forums. Maybe nobody has done the comparison, but I can attest to the the components in my recently acquired copy being of decent quality.

Thanks! I realize that "worth" is subjective and to tell the truth, I hated even asking that. Anyway; the reason I brought up the quality issue was only due to something I read about misprinted rules and cards and also to the picture I had seen today:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timewellspent also has them for around $55 US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THANKS GUYS! I just ordered it. Eh... before they are all gone again.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it based on its rep as a solitaire game--and I am NOT disappointed. The Ricky Royal videos are a great help in flattening the learning curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhand wrote:
I bought it based on its rep as a solitaire game--and I am NOT disappointed. The Ricky Royal videos are a great help in flattening the learning curve.

Yes, this might be my number 2 solitaire game. I don't think it will beat Mage Knight for me, but it might beat Thunderbolt Apache Leader. Time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is "great". I advise you to "buy" it.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
This game is "great". I advise you to "buy" it.

Eco

I did... see my post above. I should get it either tomorrow or the next day.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I just got my copy from Cardhaus today. It shipped quickly and was well packaged, pretty much identical to any order I've placed with CSI or other vendors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frohike wrote:
For the record, I just got my copy from Cardhaus today. It shipped quickly and was well packaged, pretty much identical to any order I've placed with CSI or other vendors.

Mine too was packed well... I got it on Wed. packed in a Robinson Crusoe Box.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.