5 Posts

L'Aéropostale» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wings for Breaking Records rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Abend

California
msg tools
I'm enjoying the game, but have a question about the record track. Are the wings only won once, or by each person breaking the record? In the English version of the rules it says "whether you break a personal or world record, collect all the airplane designs you didn't have yet, as well as the wings...in squares up to the record level." So if, for example, someone holds the world speed record at level three, which gives them a bronze wing, and a second player breaks a personal record to take them to level three, does the second player also get a bronze wing? What if the second player breaks the world record to level four?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As all wings that are actually placed on the board, record wings can only be won once (i.e. all wings whose contours are printed in dash lines).
Supremacy, weather card and "strip" wings come from the general supply and can be won many times over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Are the wings only won once, or by each person breaking the record?

As it states in setup to:

Quote:
Put 6 bronze wings, 2 gold wings and the 3 colored game pieces for each player ..

on the Record Track - the Wings must clearly be won by each person breaking the record, although I like the idea of them only being available to the first person who reached that level (variant).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:
Quote:
Are the wings only won once, or by each person breaking the record?

As it states in setup to:

Quote:
Put 6 bronze wings, 2 gold wings and the 3 colored game pieces for each player ..

on the Record Track - the Wings must clearly be won by each person breaking the record, although I like the idea of them only being available to the first person who reached that level (variant).

Wings on Record track are gained only once, by the first to reach this level.
In the rules sentence, "for each player" is for "3 colored game pieces".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tontione wrote:

Wings on Record track are gained only once, by the first to reach this level.
In the rules sentence, "for each player" is for "3 colored game pieces".

Oh OK then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.