Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: a-voir [+] a2p [+] [View All]
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

This is where I will be posting my ideas for the 2014 2-Players Print-and-Play contest! There will probably be some rambling involved. I tend to do that.

The premise of the game is based on The Magic Flute, the opera by Mozart. Why? It's because when I think of two players, my mind moves to dualism, which moves to sun and moon, and while I know many things that have the sun and moon theme, for some reason I thought of the opera and it stuck. Also, after a quick check, it looks like there aren't a lot of games already based on this theme.

In this game players will take on the persona of either Sarastro or the Queen of the Night. I'm going with the implied-but-never-outright-stated scholarly idea that says that they are married - or were married - and that Pamina is their daughter.

There are two ways to win the game. One is to gain control of Pamina.
The other is to have the respective symbol of power for Sarastro or the Queen reach the center of the board.

The game is mostly played with cards that allow the players to take certain actions - these actions can be any combination of moving Pamina, moving Sarastro's symbol or moving the Queen's symbol. I have not yet worked out all the details. I'm also thinking of having trial cards that impose different conditions during the game.

This opera is rich in symbolism, which gives fertile ground for the types of cards that I can create and the story I can weave into the game. Mozart was a Free Mason, and many of their ideas were said to be wrapped in the opera, which adds another dimension. And then when you add all the characters, items, and the Egyptian gods, it just gets even better (in my opinion.)

This main post will be updated with the files etc... needed to play the game, once they exist.

If I have enough time, I will also create solo rules for the game. (Because I'm more likely to play a solo game than a two-player game...)

The contest can be found here: 2014 Two-Player Print-and-Play Contest
The final submissions can be found here: 2014 Two-Player Print-and-Play Contest Submission List

Files:
Rules: can be found here.
Components: can be found here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP]{2014 PnP 2-player Contest} The Magic Flute
So far, this is what I have for how to play the game:

How to win the game:

At opposite edges of the board, lie the Temple of the Sun and the Castle of the Moon. Sarastro starts in the temple, and the Queen starts in the castle. Sarastro is represented by a sun. The Queen of Night is represented by a moon. They are moving their symbol from the edge of the board to the center, to the space between night and day.

The player to get their symbol to the center of the board first wins.

Pamina, on the other hand, would start at the center and have to be moved to one side or the other - like the tug-of-war mechanic Shadows Over Camelot uses with the Excalibur quest.

When Pamina reaches either the Temple of the Sun or the Castle of the Moon, the game is over and the winner is the player who now has Pamina.

Still to be worked out:

The number of spaces from the edge of the board to the center. 16? 8? I want enough that it isn't easy but not so many that the game drags on for over half-an-hour. I will have to make and playtest different boards.

I'm thinking of having a circular board with the route the symbols take be spirals, just like how the sun and moon spiral through the sky throughout the year.

Rough ideas for cards:

Person Cards:

Tamino - Pamina's love. Has the magic flute. Travels back and forth between night and day, first working for one side than the other. Will probably have this be a type of wild card where if you control the the flute something special can happen. This card also moves Pamina towards the person who played it.

Monostatos - Wants Pamina, first works for Sarastro then the Queen. Seen as evil, willing to do anything to get what he wants. Ability will probably by to move the other player's symbol of power back a space (or two spaces?) Pamina will move away from the person who owns this card.

Queen's Ladies - These three follow the Queen of Night. Need to think more about what they do. Also don't know yet if they are three separate cards, or all on one card.

Papageno – comic relief. Has the bells. A bird-catcher, wears all their feathers as cloths, very bright in color, but not so smart, just wants to find a wife. Could be a wild card. He will probably advance the symbol for whatever player controls him.

Papagena – comic relief. First appears old, then turns young. Papageno's love (once he meets her). Could be a wild card. She will probably advance the symbol for whatever player controls her.

Other thoughts:

Thinking about just adding some animal cards that simply move the symbol forward for either side (owls, bats, etc... move the Queen, hawks, eagles, etc... move Sarastro).

Also could add the priests of Sarastro.

I am currently not planning on added Monostatos's slaves or the three child-spirits that help Tamino during the trials.

Item Cards:

Magic Flute - turns sorrow to joy. Makes animals dance.

Magic Bells - brings great happiness to all who hear them. Makes people dance.

Queen of Night's Dagger - or the Dagger of Hell's Vengeance. The knife the Queen gives Pamina to murder Sarastro (not that Pamina uses it.) This dagger never a good thing for Sarastro.

Other thoughts:

Thinking of adding some kind of object of power for Sarastro, like a Scepter of the High Priest as something that is of equal power to the Queen's dagger.

Place Cards:

Temple of the Sun – the place of Sarastro's power. When this is played Sarastro moves Pamina closer to his side, and moves his symbol forward.

Castle of the Moon – not in the opera, but you know the Queen has to live somewhere. Added to give her a place of power. When this is played the Queen moves Pamina closer to her side, and moves her symbol forward.

Trial Cards:

Trial of Silence - Bells and Flute cannot be used/played, nor can any song cards.

Trial of Fire - more research needed. Thinking of having this switch the movement cards so what moves the sun now moves the moon and what moves the moon now moves the sun.

Trial of Water - more research needed. Thinking of having movement cards move in the opposite direction - forward is now back, back is now forward.

These cards impose conditions on other cards preventing certain cards from being played.

Still to be worked out for the cards:

How many the players start with.

How many they draw.

Do they discard cards that are useless to them (say, a card that mainly helps the Queen) or must they play it?

A lot of the rules need to be worked out, but the general framework is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my massive write-up from yesterday, I completely forgot the most important part of the game:

The Music Cards:

These are the cards that make up the bulk of the game. These are the cards that get things moving.

These will not just be songs from the opera - but will be named after other Mozart pieces as well. Or other songs that deal with night and day, the sun and the moon. I'll have to research this, so more information will be forthcoming...

For example:

"A Little Night Music" - moves the moon one space forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet theme. I've only seen the opera once, but I really enjoyed it. It'll be neat to see how it translates to game form!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I love opera, and so having this as a theme just gives me an excuse to go and watch this opera. whistle

I like how things are turning out so far - with Pamina being the pawn that Sarastro and the Queen of Night fight over. I'll probably have the other characters as ways of helping the side that has them and hindering the other side. After all, most of whom seem to switch allegiances during the opera...

Still need to work out exactly how the card mechanics work. I'm aiming for simple since the last card game I made for a contest had some rather complex cards going on...

And while I'm not aiming for the child side-prize or the spouse one, I want to keep this kid-friendly and family approved. Maybe it will get more people listening to the opera...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bulk of the game will be song cards. Except for the first two songs listed (which are titles for other songs by Mozart) the card titles are loose translations of the titles of the songs in the opera.

A list of song cards and their effects (as of now, these may change):

Night - Move the Moon one space closer to the center.

A Little Night Music - Move the Moon one space closer to the center.

To the Rescue! - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

The Birdcatcher - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board. If you have Papageno in your hand, you may play his card immediately after playing this song.

Enchantingly Beautiful Image - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

Tremble Not - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

Come In My Dove - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board. If you have Papagena in your hand, you may play her card immediately after playing this song.

What Love is Felt - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board. If you have Tamino in your hand, you may play his card immediately after playing this song.

The Path to Your Goals - Choose to move either Pamina or your symbol one space.

The Wisdom of Teaching - Move your symbol one space, then play a second card.

Where are You Going, Bold Stranger? - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

How Strong is Your Magic! - Move your symbol two spaces, instead of one space, closer to the center.

Quick Feet, Quick Courage! - Move Pamina two spaces closer to your side of the board.

Isis and Osiris - Remove a Trial Card if one is in play.

Preserve Yourself From Pitfalls - Remove a Trial Card if one is in play.

How? How? How? Did You Come to this Place? - Move Pamina two spaces closer to your side of the board.

Everything Feels the Joys of Love - Move both the Sun and the Moon once space closer to the center.

Vengeance - Move the opponents symbol one space away from the center. If you have the Queen of Night's Dagger in your hand, you may play that card immediately after playing this song.

Be Welcome Again - Move your symbol one space closer to the center.

Oh I Can Feel, it is Gone - Remove a Trial Card if one is in play.

Revenge Stalks These Hallowed Halls - Move the opponents symbol one space away from the center. If you have the Queen of Night's Dagger in your hand, you may play that card immediately after playing this song.

Shall I No Longer See You - Move Pamina one space closer to the center.

Heralding the Morning - Move the Sun once space closer to the center.

He Who Travels this Road - Move your symbol one space closer to the center.

What Do I Hear? - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board, If you have the Magic Flute or Magic Bells in your hand, you may play either card immediately after playing this song.

Oh, What Luck! - Choose to move either Pamina or move your symbol two spaces or remove a Trial Card from play.

Oh Unfortunate - Play a Trial Card.

Halt! - Play a Trial Card.

Only Silence - Play a Trial Card.

The Rays of the Sun Drive Away the Night - Move the Sun once space closer to the center.

Victorious - Move your symbol three spaces closer to the center.

As of now, the rules are:

Trial cards are kept separate from the rest of the cards. They can only be played as a combo, so trial cards may only be played after first playing Oh Unfortunate, Halt!, or Only Silence. Only one trial can be in effect at a time - however, playing a new trial automatically removes the old trial and adds it back to the bottom of the pile of Trial Cards.

Person, Place, and Item Cards can be played on their own, or in a combination, such as playing Papageno after The Birdcatcher.

Now that these are somewhat sketched out, I'll be working on balancing them with the Person, Place, and Item Cards. Might start some playtesting soon.

Hammering out what the Trial Cards do:

Trial of Silence - Bells and Flute cannot be used/played, nor can any song cards.

Trial of Fire - When a card states that the moon moves, it now moves the sun. When a card states that the sun moves, it now moves the moon.

Trial of Water - Movement cards move in the opposite direction - If is says Pamina moves on closer to your side, she now moves back to the center. If it says your symbol moves one closer to the center it now moves back to your side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interesting plot! The game seems fun to play. I look forward to playing your game and seeing what it will look like. I would also be happy to play test your game and give suggestions.

~Charger

B.t.w. I opened this while reading the forum(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h018rMnA0pM), and although I have not been to one yet I will consider going to one see the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterKuClass wrote:
Interesting plot! The game seems fun to play. I look forward to playing your game and seeing what it will look like. I would also be happy to play test your game and give suggestions.

~Charger

B.t.w. I opened this while reading the forum(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h018rMnA0pM), and although I have not been to one yet I will consider going to one see the future.

Thanks! One thing that is always useful is having playtesters - especially people I can't meet in person to explain the games (which means that the rules had better explain everything!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the theme. Anything that encourages people to look at classics is a big plus in my book.

I love the dual win conditions. I'd expect that the game play should involve moving both your game piece and Pamina at the same time ... sometimes, both those moves would be to your advantage, sometimes not.

I'd advise taking a look at
...and then, we held hands.
... there might be ideas there worth using!

if nothing else, the underlying design of the board could be useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtower wrote:
I love the theme. Anything that encourages people to look at classics is a big plus in my book.

I love the dual win conditions. I'd expect that the game play should involve moving both your game piece and Pamina at the same time ... sometimes, both those moves would be to your advantage, sometimes not.

I'd advise taking a look at
...and then, we held hands.
... there might be ideas there worth using!

if nothing else, the underlying design of the board could be useful.

Thanks! Anything to get more people to listen to opera...

I enjoy games that give more than one way of winning, and it seems to fit with the opera.

I've heard of ...and then, we held hands., and it seems like a lot of people enjoy it. Perhaps I'll have to check it out (though it is a theme I'm not particularly fond of - I deal with enough emotions in real life...)

I was thinking of a spiral design for the sun and moon track on the board, with only one path for each side. (Really, I have it all in my head, it's a matter of finding time to make the art...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fin coe
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible theme idea. Dunno how I missed it the first time. Subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fcoe wrote:
Incredible theme idea. Dunno how I missed it the first time. Subscribed.

Thanks!

And possibly because I'm stealthy... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm still working on this, don't worry!

Here is an example of some of the cards, in color and PnP friendly, and designs for the back and the front of the Song Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Magic Flute
A game of Day against Night for two players.
By: Caroline Berg

In this game players take on the persona of either Sarastro or the Queen of the Night. They are fighting over custody of their daughter, Pamina.

How to win the game:

There are two ways to win the game. One is to gain control of Pamina. This happens when Pamina reaches either the Temple of the Sun or the Castle of the Moon. Once Pamina reaches the temple or the castle, the game is over and the winner is the player who now has control of Pamina.

The other way to win is to have the respective symbol of power for Sarastro or the Queen reach the Tower of Wisdom at the center of the board. At opposite edges of the board, lie the Temple of the Sun and the Castle of the Moon. Sarastro starts in the temple, and the Queen starts in the castle. Sarastro is represented by a sun. The Queen of Night is represented by a moon. During the game, they move their symbol from the edge of the board to the center, where the Tower of Wisdom stands in the space between night and day.

Set Up:

Players first decide who they want to be. Sarastro then places his symbol in the Temple of the Sun and the Queen of the Night places her symbol in the Castle of the Moon.

Pamina is placed in the Tower of Wisdom at the center of the board.

Separate out the Trial cards from the deck. Shuffle the Item, Person, and Song cards together. Each player is dealt three cards. Place the rest of the cards face down as the draw pile. Place the three Trial cards face down as the Trial deck.

Flip a coin to determine who plays first.

How to Play:

Each player will go through these actions on during their turn. Once one player has played, it is the then the turn for the next player.

1) Draw one card. If there are less than three cards in the players hand, the player continues to draw until the player has three cards again. If there are ever no more cards in the draw pile, shuffle the discard pile and use that as the draw pile.

2) Play a card. Only one card may be played during a turn. If the card played allows the player to place another card, and the player has that card in hand, the player may continue to play cards.

3) Activate the effects of the card. This can be anything from moving your symbol, moving the other player's symbol, moving Pamina, playing a Trial card from the Trial deck, removing a Trial card in play or playing another card from your hand.

4) Discard all played cards. Once a card is played and the effect of the card has been activated, place that card in the discard pile.

Card List:

Here are in depth descriptions of what the cards do.

Person Cards:

Tamino – Move Pamina one space towards your side of the board. If you have The Magic Flute in your hand, you may immediately play that card.

Papageno – Move your symbol one space closer to the center. If you have The Magic Bells in your hand, you may immediately play that card.

Item Cards:

Magic Flute – Move your symbol two spaces closer to the center. Ignore the effects of the Trial by Fire.

Magic Bells – Move your symbol two spaces closer to the center. Ignore the effects of the Trial by Water.

Night's Dagger – Move the other player's symbol two away from the center. When you do this, Pamina moves one space away from your place of power.

Trial Cards:

Trial cards are kept separate from the rest of the cards. They can only be played as a combination, so trial cards may only be played after first playing Oh Unfortunate, Halt!, or Only Silence. Only one trial can be in effect at a time - however, playing a new trial automatically removes the old trial and adds it back to the bottom of the pile of Trial Cards.

There are three types of trial cards:

Trial of Silence – The Magic Flute, the Magic Bells, and all song cards cannot be played, unless it specifically says on the card that it counters a trial card.

Trial of Fire - When a card states that the moon moves, it now moves the sun. When a card states that the sun moves, it now moves the moon. If a card has both a sun and moon on it, it means “move your symbol.” When that happens, the player must move the piece that is not their own. So if the player is playing Sarastro and would normally move the sun one space closer to the Tower of Wisdom, during the Trial of Fire, the player would instead move the moon one space closer to the Tower of Wisdom.

Trial of Water - Movement cards move in the opposite direction. If is says Pamina moves on closer to Sarastro's side, she now moves back to the center. If it says the Queen of the Night's symbol moves one closer to the center, the symbol now moves back to towards the Castle of the Moon.

Song Cards:

These make up the bulk of the deck.

Night - Move the Moon one space closer to the center.

A Little Night Music - Move the Moon one space closer to the center.

To the Rescue! - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

The Birdcatcher - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board. If you have Papageno in your hand, you may play his card immediately after playing this song.

Enchantingly Beautiful Image - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

Tremble Not - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

Come In My Dove - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

What Love is Felt - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board. If you have Tamino in your hand, you may play his card immediately after playing this song.

The Path to Your Goals - Choose to move either Pamina or your symbol one space.

The Wisdom of Teaching - Move your symbol one space, then play a second card.

Where are You Going? - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board.

How Strong is Your Magic! - Move your symbol two spaces, instead of one space, closer to the center.

Quick Feet, Quick Courage! - Move Pamina two spaces closer to your side of the board.

Isis and Osiris - Remove a Trial Card if one is in play.

Preserve Yourself From Pitfalls - Remove a Trial Card if one is in play.

How Did You Come to this Place? - Move Pamina two spaces closer to your side of the board.

Everything Feels the Joys of Love - Move both the Sun and the Moon once space closer to the center.

Vengeance - Move the opponents symbol one space away from the center. If you have Night's Dagger in your hand, you may play that card immediately after playing this song.

Be Welcome Again - Move your symbol one space closer to the center.

Oh I Can Feel, it is Gone - Remove a Trial Card if one is in play.

Revenge Stalks These Hallowed Halls - Move the opponents symbol one space away from the center. If you have Night's Dagger in your hand, you may play that card immediately after playing this song.

Shall I No Longer See You - Move Pamina one space closer to the center.

Heralding the Morning - Move the Sun once space closer to the center.

He Who Travels this Road - Move your symbol one space closer to the center.

What Do I Hear? - Move Pamina one space closer to your side of the board, If you have the Magic Flute or Magic Bells in your hand, you may play either card immediately after playing this song.

Oh, What Luck! - Choose to either move Pamina two spaces, move your symbol two spaces, or remove a Trial Card from play.

Oh Unfortunate - Play a Trial Card.

Halt! - Play a Trial Card.

Only Silence - Play a Trial Card.

The Rays of the Sun Drive Away the Night - Move the Sun one space closer to the center.

Victorious - Move your symbol three spaces closer to the center.

Other Components:

Game Board
Pamina
Sun Symbol
Moon Symbol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what the game board looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiming for:

Spouse-Friendly Game (ironic as that is... since this is a custody battle)
Best Child-Friendly Game
Best Artwork/Graphic Design
Best Theme
Best Integration of Theme and Mechanics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Caroline. I think I randomly stumbled upon this game thread last month and didn't know it was going to be in the contest. It sounded cool then, and now it is even more fleshed out. I like how there are cool card combos you can pull off, but yet there is not an in depth process to it. You get the fun of the combos, without the headache. I am excited to see the final artwork for the cards, hopefully you can get it done in time! Good luck, I will surely be printing this one out and trying it in May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I have five cards left to complete, as of this morning... It will be a mad rush - but it will be done! Especially since three of the cards have the art fully finished - I just need to finalize the layout!

I've been following your game and wow - the art, the compactness... it all just blows me away. (How can I compete? )

I'm really impressed with so many of the entries into this contest!

EDIT: Indeed, I just finished tonight, before my RPG game. Everything is up and posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP]{2014 PnP 2-player Contest} The Magic Flute (Contest Ready!)
Examples of some of the cards. Only finished the B&W printer-friendly version. Perhaps someday I'll finished the color version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
... some of the cards, in color and PnP friendly, and designs for the back and the front of the Song Cards.

This makes me think that the "PnP friendly" (black-n-white) would be the way to go, but printed on "parchment" type paper... it would give it more of a Renaissance feel (you know, back a couple years before color printing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I did only complete the B&W version.

And you certainly could print it on parchment paper.

However, that would defeat the purpose of me having fun painting parchment textures. (And anyway, it wouldn't have a true Renaissance feel unless it was hand inked on a nice vellum.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quick question. can you chose not to play a card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterKuClass wrote:
quick question. can you chose not to play a card?

No, you have to play at least one card a round. Even if you only have cards that will help your enemy.

I thought I had put that into the rules, but now I see I haven't. I will add that.

Alright, the rules file in the dropdox has been updated to reflect that change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update! I've entered this game in the Girls Got Game design contest at Ares Magazine - Deadline is extended to January 31, 2015!

I've also tweaked the rules once again to make sure the discard instructions are clear. There are certain times when you can discard - namely, when Trials are in play. The rest of the time you are stuck with the cards in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Update! I've entered this game in the Girls Got Game design contest at Ares Magazine - Deadline is extended to January 31, 2015!

I've also tweaked the rules once again to make sure the discard instructions are clear. There are certain times when you can discard - namely, when Trials are in play. The rest of the time you are stuck with the cards in your hand.

Are the links at the top to your most recent updates?
(I've been watching this thread, and thinking I should try this game sometime!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.