Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brennen Hilgendorf
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a quick rules question. I've read through the rule book, and I was wondering. On the Phase 2 card for the Terror with 1000 Legs he's got the ability Web of Death, a ranged attack that pulls a target adjacent to him, does 1 damage and then gives him a poison DoT.

If all heroes are already adjacent, would he still do the attack and poison one of the heroes? Just curious. I'm likely the one teaching the game to my friends, so I'd like to get this right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find any reason for the attack not to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that an attack triggered by a Fate dice recipe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennen Hilgendorf
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
Is that an attack triggered by a Fate dice recipe?

Nope, it's not a Fate Recipe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he is going to do the attack regardless,.... My only question is that the phase 1 version of the attack has Rang 1 listed,...

That seems to indicate that attacked heroes would have to be adjacent to be targeted in the first place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the boss fight videos, they didn't do the range atttack if everyone was in melee rang.

I know some things have changed since filming those videos (they rolled 3 dice instead of 4...), but I think you're not supposed to do the range attack, even though nothing says so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I think he is going to do the attack regardless,.... My only question is that the phase 1 version of the attack has Rang 1 listed,...

That seems to indicate that attacked heroes would have to be adjacent to be targeted in the first place?

This is a mistake i (EDIT or Aerisson i don't remember who) spotted, it should be 4(R).
Fixed in FR version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
In the boss fight videos, they didn't do the range atttack if everyone was in melee rang.

I know some things have changed since filming those videos (they rolled 3 dice instead of 4...), but I think you're not supposed to do the range attack, even though nothing says so.

Stage 1 Web of Death is 4d10,... Stage 2 is only 3d10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
RemiBureau wrote:

Stage 1 Web of Death is 4d10,... Stage 2 is only 3d10

Sorry, my post wasn't clear.

What I meant was, the melee attack in phase 2, on the card it says 4d10, butin the video, they rolled only 3. Furthermore, they only rolled the 3 dice once even if the hero received two attacks, and if two successes were rolled, they received 4 damage (2x2).

So I guess some things changed since the video, becaus that's not how I'd roll those attacks based on the rules.

Also, logically, the Terror would use his ranged attack even if everyone was in melee (unless a minimum distance is required, but I don't think that concept exists thus far in Myth).
But in the videos, they didn't do the ranged attack if a hero was attacked in melee previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the web portion of the attack automatic? Or does the Terror pick a target, roll the dice, and if it hits then the target is webbed, dragged, beaten (1 damage), and poisoned?

If it was automatic, then it would be webbed and dragged always. Then roll the dice, and if successful then beaten and poisoned.

And then going back to the above discussion, if the Terror still performs this attack every time, does he perform the web part every time too? Or if everyone is adjacent, does he only perform the beat down and poisoning?

(It's really odd that the format for the Web of Death attack differs between Stage 1 & 2...even considering the errata)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on this thread, it appears that the Terror does not Web if all targets are adjacent:
http://megacongames.vanillaforums.com/discussion/525/questio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.