Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The puppeteer card states "trade control and position of this hero and another hero in melee". My partner and I took this to mean that we can swap characters (as in I take control of his character and he gets the puppeteer). Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I would assume taking the context literally. I haven't played PT2 yet since I'm still teaching PT1 to a bunch of my friends.

Puppeteer hero seems fun for the player going second if she has lethal damage. I'd just swap her for one of my opponent's character. Once the end of wave come puppeteer becomes a corpse in the opponent's unit and I get a fresh unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really confused by this card. I don't think it means the hero switches sides, but I'm not sure. I would love to have an official explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that you physically switch the two heroes, so now one of your opponent's cards is in your unit, and one of your cards is in the opponent's unit.

Also, the swapped hero can attack right away, as long as it wasn't recruited, restructured, or used to attack during this wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you sir! Good to hear from the designer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brad, glad to see this clarification.
I'm also confused by the Puppeteer's leader power. For instance, if I wanted to have one of the enemy heroes in the flank perform a melee attack on my opponent's unit, can I do so if the corresponding flank space in my unit is blocked by a hero in my vanguard? What if both flank spaces in my unit are blocked? Would the hero I was giving an attack action to be a valid target for its own melee attack? Am I completely misunderstanding the power?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s B
Germany
Nienburg
flag msg tools
mb
The leader power is really confusing.
We couldnt work it out in another quite old thread on bgg.

Im hoping for official rulings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
The idea is that you physically switch the two heroes, so now one of your opponent's cards is in your unit, and one of your cards is in the opponent's unit.
Sorry for bumping this thread, but for the sake of completeness, how does this interact with a Druid Leader opposed to the Puppeteer hero?
Quote:
(Druid leader) Orient your hero cards however you like when they come into play. The orientation alters the hero's abilities, ignoring actualy posisitions in your unit. Normal: Vanguard, Sideways: Flank, Upside-down: Rear.
In other words, when the Puppeteer switches heroes, what happens with the orientation of the cards? One difficulty is whether the Druid can re-orient the new hero he gets: does "comes into play" mean "comes into the unit", or "was just recruited"? (The case of the Puppeteer's unit being lead by the Doppenganger leader should in particular be considered: the orientation of the "captured" hero matters: can it be altered?)

I can imagine a few possible rulings:
1) The card orientation is chosen so that the original abilities do not change, if possible.
2) The card orientations are chosen by the player getting each card, if they have the power to do so (Druid, Doppelganger with Druid,…).
3) The card orientations are chosen by the Puppeteer's player.

I prefer (1), because (2) implies that "comes into play" includes "comes into this unit", which, as far as I know, is not a rule, and (3) would allow the Puppeteer's player to use his opponent's (Druid) ability, which is not in the rules at all.

What is the ruling for this Puppeteer+Druid interaction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.