Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Cannon
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikings (reprint) is available for preorder at http://www.cardhaus.com/products/search?query=Vikings&x=0&y=...

Only $15.19!!!! @ Cardhaus

Getem while they last

Available on Wednesday, April 30 2014
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Vikings Available for Preorder @ Cardhaus for $15.19
If the MSRP on the reprint really is $20, then they've drastically reduced the component quality of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I am so smart. S M R T !!!
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd question that. The description is for Viking Raiders. Just be careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Cannon
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gersh77 wrote:

Did not notice the description, guess I should have looked at it, but the timing/image lines up with the announcement. Its worth the gamble to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pass as they've said the MSRP is near $49.99. Looks a bit suspect to me. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tymaske wrote:
gersh77 wrote:

Did not notice the description, guess I should have looked at it, but the timing/image lines up with the announcement. Its worth the gamble to me.

Doesn't seem like much of a gamble. Obviously you're not going to get a hotly awaited newly rereleased $50 game for $15, regardless of what mistake their website shows now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Cannon
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Tymaske wrote:
gersh77 wrote:

Doesn't seem like much of a gamble. Obviously you're not going to get a hotly awaited newly rereleased $50 game for $15, regardless of what mistake their website shows now.

I just sent Cardhaus an email asking for clarification. I will post an update when I get a response... And ya I guess it is not too big of a gamble lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
50 bucks for Vikings!? Aw, come on, I remember it selling for 30. The horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L O
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to the ZMan website, MSRP is even going to be $60:
http://zmangames.com/product-details.php?id=1534
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
lpot wrote:
According to the ZMan website, MSRP is even going to be $60:
http://zmangames.com/product-details.php?id=1534

There's already a store selling pre-orders of the reprint in the BGG Marketplace for $38.95, so $60 would be a crazy price to pay.

This $15 price is too good to be true.

Even if you wanted to try preordering it, it doesn't look possible. The button is currently just for adding to a wishlist. Edit: it IS possible, but not from the game page (that only adds it to your wishlist if you're logged in), you have to search "Vikings" then add it to your cart from the search results page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L O
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
stlm wrote:
There's already a store selling pre-orders of the reprint in the BGG Marketplace for $38.95, so $60 would be a crazy price to pay.

Of course, that's just the MSRP. CSI and MM will likely have it for around $40 as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Went and pre-ordered just in case, sent email to cardhaus questioning what is really being offered here. By their description and by publisher it is the game Viking Raiders that is being offered, and they have the wrong picture posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
They've updated the pre-order price to $37.04.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:

Now the question is will they honor the lower price posted? Anyone who gets a communication I would be curious to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
MikeTuna wrote:

But not the description or the publisher!

Now we wait to hear from the gamblers whether Cardhaus honors the incorrect price... and if it's the Z-Man Vikings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnyutah7 wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:

Now the question is will they honor the lower price posted? Anyone who gets a communication I would be curious to know.

There's no game in existence with the cover and description provided. Obviously you will not get the game matching the picture with the price matching the description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Mayers
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would they honor an obvious mistake? Even more, who would expect them to honor it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VegasRobb wrote:
Why would they honor an obvious mistake? Even more, who would expect them to honor it?

I don't think anyone has said they are expected to, at least not yet. Delta airlines recently accidentally posted tickets at a fraction if their normal price by accident and they honored the sale. They could just say oops and cancel the orders, or they could choose to honor it for the goodwill. Companies have gone both ways in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
johnyutah7 wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:

There's no game in existence with the cover and description provided. Obviously you will not get the game matching the picture with the price matching the description.

If I had a listing for ketchup and described it as mustard, I would have a tough time telling customers they should have expected mustard from the description. The title also indicated reprint and a release date that matches the correct one. It would be a massive customer service fiasco to try and give people the game that was only indicated in the description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys aren't Delta they aren't some big faceless to corp rip off. I hope they cancel all the scumbags orders who sought to take advantage of a valuable resource and bgg.com advertizer. This was unmistakably a mistake and in no way could anyone have thought this was the real price after seeing the new zman $59 msrp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
St0ckpile wrote:
These guys aren't Delta they aren't some big faceless to corp rip off. I hope they cancel all the scumbags orders who sought to take advantage of a valuable resource and bgg.com advertizer. This was unmistakably a mistake and in no way could anyone have thought this was the real price after seeing the new zman $59 msrp.

Can we please not start this old debate again? zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Cannon
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
St0ckpile wrote:

Wow so I am a scumbag for placing an order for a game that I thought was just a preorder sale price? I trusted their site to accurately list the msrp and their price, I had no idea the actual msrp was $59. I was not taking advantage just placing a preorder the same way I did from their site when Lewis & Clark came available a few weeks ago.

If anyone is a scumbag I would say it is you because 1) you make false assumptions about people and 2) based on your post you infer it is ok to rip off big corps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cant accept that it was a mistake and you want them to lose money and can't deal with a simple refund you are an unreasonable customer. If you knew it was $59 game at reprint then you are a scumbag looking to take advantage of an obvious mistake. Take your pick based on your level of foreknowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tymaske wrote:
St0ckpile wrote:
I hope they cancel all the scumbags orders who sought to take advantage of a valuable resource and bgg.com advertizer. This was unmistakably a mistake and in no way could anyone have thought this was the real price after seeing the new zman $59 msrp.

Wow so I am a scumbag for placing an order for a game that I thought was just a preorder sale price? I trusted their site to accurately list the msrp and their price, I had no idea the actual msrp was $59. I was not taking advantage just placing a preorder the same way I did from their site when Lewis & Clark came available a few weeks ago.

If anyone is a scumbag I would say it is you because 1) you make false assumptions about people and 2) based on your post you infer it is ok to rip off big corps.

If you were not seeking to take advantage then it is clear I was not calling you anything.

If you had not seen the zman price then it was obviously not an obvious mistake!

Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't assume anything about you and included specific mention of the factors that are required to qualify you as a person of contempt neither of which you met. But yeah I must be talking about you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
St0ckpile wrote:
If you cant accept that it was a mistake and you want them to lose money and can't deal with a simple refund you are an unreasonable customer. If you knew it was $59 game at reprint then you are a scumbag looking to take advantage of an obvious mistake. Take your pick based on your level of foreknowledge.

The business owner does not need to honour the mistake. A grocery store does not need to give you the under 10 dollar item that didn't scan at the right price for free. The airline does not need to give you the ticket at the accidental price it was posted. Businesses do these things because it builds a strong customer relationship.

Don't act like the consumer is somehow strong-arming the business and taking them to court. Yikes.

You're being silly and I think you know that. Please stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.