Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,
I have a box full of collectible card game bits and pieces from a bunch of different games that aren't worth selling individually, and I'd like to just offer them as a lot for a buy-it-now price. Tried ebay, but they didn't sell. Is it okay to list the lot on Geekbay without a link to an auction or other listing, and just offer them at a fixed price to anyone who wants to send me a geekmail? Or is Geekbay really just for announcing and linking to auctions? I don't really want to go to the trouble of setting up an auction, and since the cards are from a bunch of different games I can't list them in marketplace. Thanks.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer the asked question, but you could always try a math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's totally legit to create a geeklist auction with just one item, and a BIN price. Not common, but acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
From the site perspective your options are:

To put it on the marketplace for a set price -

OR

To auction it via a Geeklist. You may include a BIN or a reserve.

If you just want a set price the former is the best and easiest option.

This is to to try to ensure that all sales go through the marketplace rather than users selling via the site but the transaction going on in private and the seller not putting sales through the marketplace.

If a sale doesn't go on via the Marketplace BGG may not get it's 3% commission, sellers don't get feedback and if something goes wrong there is little support the site can provide.

Threads offering items for sale and requesting buyers to mail them privately may be deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Thanks! This answers my question perfectly.

monkeyhandz wrote:
From the site perspective your options are:

To put it on the marketplace for a set price -

OR

To auction it via a Geeklist. You may include a BIN or a reserve.

If you just want a set price the former is the best and easiest option.

This is to to try to ensure that all sales go through the marketplace rather than users selling via the site but the transaction going on in private and the seller not putting sales through the marketplace.

If a sale doesn't go on via the Marketplace BGG may not get it's 3% commission, sellers don't get feedback and if something goes wrong there is little support the site can provide.

Threads offering items for sale and requesting buyers to mail them privately may be deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.