Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sometimes you find a color that is just right.
Beautiful pics!

While it's not a highly original game, I also think it's a clear, focused design, very well-developed for such a simple one and it also looks great. Out of Metro, Tsuro and this one I think Indigo is the best one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy Indigo. Knizia removed the player elimination of Tsuro, simplified the scoring process of Metro, and made a more beautiful game than either. I like them all, but Indigo is the most accessible filler. Nice review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
lacxox wrote:
Beautiful pics!

Crap! Every other review that I've done, I always credit the user who had submitted them. Of course, I forgot all about that this time. Oy. Sorry about that, Laszlo. I'll fix that.
No problem, it is not required at all, even though I like it more that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indigo has been a keeper in our family. I don't bother to carry to board game meetings with my gamers, but I really like playing it with my children.

And indeed, in a game like this a theme would just be a hindrance. At least Indigo looks interesting and is pretty and consistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Boyle
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
A very good review of one of the best abstracts in recent years. I agree that perhaps its greatest strength is it accessibility.

Sadly largely unheralded here on the geek, although I do sense a growing momentum for this game.

A triumph of style and content. It has fired most other connection games (but not Ta-Yu)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just love Ta Yu. I'm lucky to own the blue Kosmos edition, with the fantastic bakelite pieces with the blue river markings. I could play it endlessly, although I'm not certain why. It relaxes me, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Er... What happened to this review?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would bet that the user deleted their account, or someone else deleted it for them.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.