Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ho

BEESSTT community in this WEB - you are awesome

So my question is, is it possible that minions can trade questitems e.g. in the fat goblin "or" in the quest with the vimpire girl?

Thanks a lot

you are just awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
One minion would have to drop the token as an action and then the other would have to pick it up as an action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for trading/dropping/picking up objective tokens are not standard throughout the game, but are each described in the Quest Guide for any particular quest. If the Quest Guide does not explicitly say that monsters may trade items, then they may not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if not - "action droop" another monster "action take" right?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:

Thanks

Only if explicitly stated in the Quest Guide. There are some quests in which monsters cannot pick up, trade, drop, or otherwise interact with objective tokens. For these quests, the Quest Guide will often say nothing about monsters' interactions with objective tokens, rather than explicitly forbidding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Vex85 wrote:

Thanks

Only if explicitly stated in the Quest Guide. There are some quests in which monsters cannot pick up, trade, drop, or otherwise interact with objective tokens. For these quests, the Quest Guide will often say nothing about monsters' interactions with objective tokens, rather than explicitly forbidding it.

So just to be clear if (hypothetically) there were a quest in which an objective token represents an item (a brick, a weapon, a ball of wool, a basket; anything) but the rules for the quest mention nothing about dropping said item, the monsters are not allowed to drop it?

I can understand that ruling and would accept it; it just feels weird that they can't drop it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer is yes. A Fat Goblin Encounter 1 is an example of this. The Quest Guide describes how monsters may interact with the objective tokens: Goblin Archers can pick them up, and Goblin Archers that have them can move off the map through the exit. It doesn't describe any way for Goblin Archers to drop the tokens, so I would rule that they cannot.

This all stems from the fact that there is no defined "pick up" or "drop" action. These would fall under "Special Action" in the rulebook, which states that certain quests may introduce actions that are specific to that quest. If the quest does not describe dropping an objective token, then that action is not available for that quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread but I was looking through the rules for something completely different and came across this.

Rulebook, page 15 wrote:
A figure can drop an objective token in an adjacent space by performing an action.

So it turns out that an objective token can be dropped even if the quest doesn't mention it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.