Subject: New Tile Replace Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get two directors (1 star and 3 star) in an auction, can I place the newly acquired director (1 star) on a screenplay and then place the other newly acquired (3 star) director on top of it as a replace. Thus, this puts two new tiles on the same spot and this is allowed due to timing / order. I assume 'yes' but just wanted to check.

Thanks.

Edit: 4 star to 3 star for clarity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to. You can simply throw away the 1 star director, and place the 3 star director (you said 4 star the second time, but I assume you meant 3 star).

If you were to place the 1 star and then the 3 star, the 1 star would be discarded anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
You don't need to. You can simply throw away the 1 star director, and place the 3 star director (you said 4 star the second time, but I assume you meant 3 star).

If you were to place the 1 star and then the 3 star, the 1 star would be discarded anyway.

Good call. Makes sense. I did mean 3 star and I edited if for clarity. Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wang
United States
west covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

I think you still need to keep 1 star director even it is replaced by 3 star director. It is very important if you have actor chip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benwang wrote:
curtc wrote:

I think you still need to keep 1 star director even it is replaced by 3 star director. It is very important if you have actor chip.

You only count showing tiles:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/134540/rules-question
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/152261/what-is-the-point-of-...
Or at least that seems to be the consensus. I've never played where you don't simply replace the tile. It seems silly to say that a covered director doesn't count for the movie, but does count for the best direct award, when he didn't even make a contribution toward any movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.