Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Egizia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stone Market / Grain Market Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stone Market: Can some please explain how this market works with examples? I have read and re-read the rulebook, but can't quite understand everything it is trying to teach me. Obviously, all but the last two spots in this market, nothing happens. How do the last two spots work?

Grain Market: This market is mostly straightforward to me. Depending on where one's stone is, is how many spaces to move back (1 to 3) for construction crew that can't be fed. I'm not sure I understand the bottom spot though. One goes from losing 1 point (second to bottom spot) back to losing 2 points (bottom spot) for the added benefit of scoring points? Is this correct and can someone explain the last spot with examples?

Thanks!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
neverscene wrote:
Stone Market: Can some please explain how this market works with examples? I have read and re-read the rulebook, but can't quite understand everything it is trying to teach me. Obviously, all but the last two spots in this market, nothing happens. How do the last two spots work?


When your marker moves to the last spot, you get three stone. Move your stone tracker accordingly. If you are on the last spot and can move again, your marker stays in the same space, but you get three more stone. Move your stone tracker accordingly.

If you are in either of the last two spaces, at the end of the game you can trade any extra stone you have remaining for victory points. One victory point for every two stones.

neverscene wrote:
Grain Market: This market is mostly straightforward to me. Depending on where one's stone is, is how many spaces to move back (1 to 3) for construction crew that can't be fed. I'm not sure I understand the bottom spot though. One goes from losing 1 point (second to bottom spot) back to losing 2 points (bottom spot) for the added benefit of scoring points? Is this correct and can someone explain the last spot with examples?


When your marker moves to the last spot, you get two victory points. Move your VP token on the VP track accordingly. If you are on the last spot and can move again, your marker stays in the same space, but you get two more victory points. Move your VP token on the VP track accordingly.

The position of your marker on the grain track also indicates how many victory points (1-3) you will lose per unfed construction crew. So if you had 3 of your crew on level 2, and one on level 3 you would need to feed them 9 food (3 x 2) + 3. If you only had 7 food available you are 2 short. You look to the grain tracker to see how many food you lose. If you were at the 3 VP level you would lose 6 total victory points (2 short x 3 VP level).

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Quote:
Markets:
• The "bonus" conferred by reaching the end of a market space may be gained multiple times over the course of the game. If you are already
at the bottom of a market, any further adjustments grant you the bonus. If you would have gone two past the bottom edge, you would get
the bonus twice.
• If you are at the bottom row of a market, you also have the effects of the second to bottom row for purposes of the feeding penalty or the
ability to sell stone.


To answer your questions:
if you reach the third spot in the stone market you're able to sell stones (exchange rate: 2 for 1 victory point). If you reach the last spot, apart from the ability to sell stones you get 3 stones (and you always get 3 stones if you were to move more "downwards" in this market).

If you reach the bottom spot in the grain market you still have the losing 1 point per underfed crew, but you also gain 2VP (and each time you are supposed to move "downwards" you get these 2VP).

Hope that clears it up for you

edit: ninjaed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:

To answer your questions:
if you reach the third spot in the stone market you're able to sell stones (exchange rate: 2 for 1 victory point).


Just keep in mind, this is at end game only. You can't do this during the game.

Also, there is an error in the English rules. The stone market has nothing to do with feeding your people.

This line:

Quote:
A player whose stone is on the last space pays 1 victory point per unfed crew member in phase 3.


Should be in the grain market section.

BOb

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All these responses help a ton. Thanks to all! It is the iconography that was really throwing me. Basically the second to last spots apply also to the last spots. The rules aren't bad, but the iconography and rulebook could use a little improvement.

aniaga you hit the on the exact issue I was having. pilotbob, the rulebook mistake was also messing with my mind.

Does someone have a link for the FAQ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
neverscene wrote:
All these responses help a ton. It is the iconography that was really throwing me. Basically the second to last spots apply also to the last spots. The rules aren't bad, but the iconography and rulebook could use a little improvement.

Does someone have a link for the FAQ?


It's in the files section for this game.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/58781/egizia-faq-and-clari...

BOb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
neverscene wrote:
All these responses help a ton. It is the iconography that was really throwing me. Basically the second to last spots apply also to the last spots. The rules aren't bad, but the iconography and rulebook could use a little improvement.

Does someone have a link for the FAQ?


It's in the files section for this game.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/58781/egizia-faq-and-clari...

BOb


The FAQ is a lifesaver. I should have started with that, but hopefully the comments above can lead another confused player to the same clarifications as me. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.