Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have some questions about movement and encountering (I think I have these correct however I'd like clarify them.)

A Dungeon card is only drawn if the tile description says draw a dungeon card, so for the Spiders Web a card is not drawn(?)

If the player has to retreat from the Spiders Web/Bridge do they encounter the tile they then enter?

I take it that the tile's rules apply for the whole time they are on the board, not just when they are drawn. So a series of linked corridor tiles would make the hero keep moving until they entered the same tile again or different tile type?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
A Dungeon card is only drawn if the tile description says draw a dungeon card, so for the Spiders Web a card is not drawn(?)

Yes.

Quote:
If the player has to retreat from the Spiders Web/Bridge do they encounter the tile they then enter?

Yes (becomes funny when you just roll low enough to skip a Bottomless Pit, next one Chamber of Darkness and you exit back to the BP whistle )

Quote:
I take it that the tile's rules apply for the whole time they are on the board, not just when they are drawn. So a series of linked corridor tiles would make the hero keep moving until they entered the same tile again or different tile type?

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedy reply.

Brilliant, just as I thought.

Yeah, I had a situation last night where got stuck for 3 turns avoiding a cave-in (via dungeon card), searched on the same tile twice, found a monster and a catacombs entrance. entered the catacombs, fought one monster followed by an encounter that damaged me, next was a trap which was a pit trap, 3 more turns to escape, just managed to escape the pit trap one one life left and it's another trap - pit trap = Dead ;-) I move a total of two rooms and steps in the catacombs before becoming a permanent resident. It was a good game though. only one person escaped :-)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
Yeah, I had a situation last night where got stuck for 3 turns avoiding a cave-in (via dungeon card), searched on the same tile twice, found a monster and a catacombs entrance. entered the catacombs, fought one monster followed by an encounter that damaged me, next was a trap which was a pit trap, 3 more turns to escape, just managed to escape the pit trap one one life left and it's another trap - pit trap = Dead ;-) I move a total of two rooms and steps in the catacombs before becoming a permanent resident. It was a good game though. only one person escaped :-)

Pretty much par for Dungeonquest devil laugh .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a week ago my 6yo had 5001gc (he plays Krutzbeck) and he died on the last space before the tower.

I had already spent a turn or two in the dungeon and split with like 50gc.

You try explaining to a six year old that that he lost the game in that situation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
About a week ago my 6yo had 5001gc (he plays Krutzbeck) and he died on the last space before the tower.

I had already spent a turn or two in the dungeon and split with like 50gc.

You try explaining to a six year old that that he lost the game in that situation

Poor lad! Try: "Life is pain. DungeonQuest, doubly so."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something besides DungeonQuest."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
[q="peltazoid"]
Quote:

Yes (becomes funny when you just roll low enough to skip a Bottomless Pit, next one Chamber of Darkness and you exit back to the BP whistle )

Maybe i'm mistaking but I thought the encounter was on your next turn and not the moment you enter the tile when you're forced to retreat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"You must immediately move again. Roll
one die and consult the results marked
on the chamber to see which passage you
exit from." (p. 30)

So you enter Chamber, roll to see what happens and on the "right" roll, exit back to where you exit. It's not retreating, since there was no combat involved and it's not the Cave-in, Spider Web or Bridge tile (going back from those happens the following turn). Chamber is a like corridor (move again), just one that can move you back to the tile you came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.