Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of Hornet Leader and really enjoyed it. I have a couple of questions though.

Question 1:

Suppose a pilot is currently shaken (let's say shaken range is 4-7 and is currently at 7 stress) before starting the mission. He then starts the mission and an event card or attack causes him to get 1 more stress for a total of 8. He would be considered unfit at this point however he is already on the mission.

Does the pilot drop out of the mission? Can he still continue using stats for shaken until he returns to base? What happens?

Question 2:

An event card says "XP 1" and then goes on to describe a random site attack on my aircraft. Do I get 1 extra XP for this card?

Question 3:

An event card states that 3 random aircraft suffer AtG attacks. This is decreased by 1 for every AtG counter expended.

Do I simply discard the AtG counters without rolling for suppression or do I roll dice to use the counters as though I were suppressing enemy fire?

Thanks for your help.
Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lockridge wrote:
Just played my first game of Hornet Leader and really enjoyed it. I have a couple of questions though.

Question 1:

Suppose a pilot is currently shaken (let's say shaken range is 4-7 and is currently at 7 stress) before starting the mission. He then starts the mission and an event card or attack causes him to get 1 more stress for a total of 8. He would be considered unfit at this point however he is already on the mission.

Does the pilot drop out of the mission? Can he still continue using stats for shaken until he returns to base? What happens?

As soon as the pilot becomes unfit he loses all weapons from the aircraft and can no longer attack or suppress, but can evade. (Top of page 5)

Lockridge wrote:

Question 2:

An event card says "XP 1" and then goes on to describe a random site attack on my aircraft. Do I get 1 extra XP for this card?

Yup, each pilot who survived the event one extra XP at the end of the mission (top of page 5- challenging events)

Lockridge wrote:

Question 3:

An event card states that 3 random aircraft suffer AtG attacks. This is decreased by 1 for every AtG counter expended.

Do I simply discard the AtG counters without rolling for suppression or do I roll dice to use the counters as though I were suppressing enemy fire?

Thanks for your help.
Don

Up to 3 planes will be attacked, reduce the number of planes attacked by one from each AtG counter you discard from any plane.

In other words, spend 0, 1,2 or 3 AtG weapon counters, then reduce the amount of attacks suffered by one for each counter you have spent. Then randomly assign each attack that wasn't cancelled and roll to hit as normal. Also bear in mind you can use ECM pods on planes that have them to help negate an attack that wasn't previously cancelled.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Phil,
I didn't realize that I could use ECM pods on those cards.
Thanks again,
Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lockridge wrote:
Thanks Phil,
I didn't realize that I could use ECM pods on those cards.
Thanks again,
Don

It's easily missed (I missed it myself the first couple of games!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Withnails liver wrote:
Lockridge wrote:

Question 1:

As soon as the pilot becomes unfit he loses all weapons from the aircraft and can no longer attack or suppress, but can evade. (Top of page 5)

Lockridge wrote:

Question 2:

Yup, each pilot who survived the event one extra XP at the end of the mission (top of page 5- challenging events)

Lockridge wrote:

Question 3:

Thanks for your help.
Don

Up to 3 planes will be attacked, reduce the number of planes attacked by one from each AtG counter you discard from any plane.

In other words, spend 0, 1,2 or 3 AtG weapon counters, then reduce the amount of attacks suffered by one for each counter you have spent. Then randomly assign each attack that wasn't cancelled and roll to hit as normal. Also bear in mind you can use ECM pods on planes that have them to help negate an attack that wasn't previously cancelled.

Hope this helps!

question 1
You can return Unfit Pilot back to Carrier if it was Target Bound Event. Unfit or Damaged Aircrafts don't need to fly the mission.

Edited:

question 3
You can use ECM and next you may try to Evade event attacks. As usual place 2 Stress (1 Stress with ECM) and roll twice than choose lower number.

I had problems with these rules too at the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:

question 3
You can use ECM and next you may try to Evade event attacks. As usual place 1 Stress and roll twice than choose lower number.

Just to clarify, m k's evasion stress: if you evade, you normally add 2 stress, but only add 1 if the targeted aircraft has ECM loaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Withnails liver wrote:
Lockridge wrote:

Question 1:

Doesn't the unfit pilot then have to leave the tactical display? I can't remember and I don't have the game out.

- zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Granger44 wrote:

Just to clarify, m k's evasion stress: if you evade, you normally add 2 stress, but only add 1 if the targeted aircraft has ECM loaded.

Already corrected. I fly 99% missions with ECM so it somehow automatic to write 1 for this.

Quote:

After the Target-Bound Event is resolved, you may decide to
abort none, some or all of the Aircraft on the mission.
Aircraft that Abort do not gain Experience, but do suffer Target
Stress as normal. Aircraft that do not abort must participate in
the Over Target and Home-Bound Phases.

Quote:

You may exit the Tactical Display and end the Over Target
portion of the mission during the Aircraft Movement step of
any turn. If you choose to do so, remove all your Aircraft from
the display. At the end of Turn #5, remove all your Aircraft
from the display.

These are two cases when Aircraft can be removed from mission.
1st is after Target Bound Event and you may choose to abort 1 or more Aircrafts.
2nd you exit screen (with all Aircrafts) and end Target Bound part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.