Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game last night, and one of the players had Potala Palace that gives the owner 1 VP per advisor. So I wanted to know is it 1VP per advisor he had stacked since the beginning of the game for example he had hired 5 advisors over the course of the game so that would be 1 + 5 points. Or is it 1 VP per advisor in the game for example a 4player game the card would be worth 1VP initial card + 4VP? 1 for each advisor in the game?

because like buildings I would think that an advisor you acquire replaces the previous one hence the cards underneath are not there at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one VP per CURRENTLY ACTIVE ADVISOR. Most of the time, that number is ONE, but there's a Wonder that allows you to have two advisors at once and then that number could be TWO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You score only for active advisors (the same with end game scoring, when you score only for active colonies and wonders). I recommend discarding old advisors, colonies and wonders in order not to mess up the scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we sure you only score for Current colonies?? Rules suggest to me you score for all of them that you acquired
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gralem wrote:
Are we sure you only score for Current colonies?? Rules suggest to me you score for all of them that you acquired

You only score end of game scoring for what you have on your board at the end of the game. Things are discarded when overbuilt (colonies, buildings/military, wonders, wonders under construction and advisers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, anything not at the top of a pile on your tableau is effectively not on your tableau for any purpose, including scoring. For this reason we always discard everything underneath as it's built over to avoid confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gralem wrote:

I don't know which rules suggest that.

Page 14 of my rules states:
"When placing a card on your Player Board, the number of spaces per type is limited to what you have on your Player Board. If you have no free spaces for that type of card remove an old card from play to make room for the new card."

It seems clear to me that covered up cards are removed from your board, so, how are you scoring something not on your board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
Gralem wrote:

I don't know which rules suggest that.

Page 14 of my rules states:
"When placing a card on your Player Board, the number of spaces per type is limited to what you have on your Player Board. If you have no free spaces for that type of card remove an old card from play to make room for the new card."

It seems clear to me that covered up cards are removed from your board, so, how are you scoring something not on your board?

Is Potala palace triggered at the end of age scoring in solo (with books scoring) or only at end game scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:

Is Potala palace triggered at the end of age scoring in solo (with books scoring) or only at end game scoring?

End game only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
BenjaminHester wrote:

End game only.

Thanks! (think I can consider this an authoritative answer :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallin
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
BenjaminHester wrote:

End game only.

but in multi player mode, it's scored at the end of age scoring as well then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davogotland wrote:

but in multi player mode, it's scored at the end of age scoring as well then?

Too many quotes... Please repeat your question as clear as you can in other words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallin
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is potala palace triggered at the end of age scoring (with books scoring) or only at end game scoring?

this question is different from benjamin hester's question in that it doesn't ask specifically about the solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davogotland wrote:
is potala palace triggered at the end of age scoring (with books scoring) or only at end game scoring?

this question is different from benjamin hester's question in that it doesn't ask specifically about the solo game.

Unless specifically noted there is no differences in effects between solo and multiplayer games, such is the case here as well. From the FAQ:

Quote:
Potala Palace – This is for the end of game scoring only. Score 2 VP if you have Porcelain Tower and 2 advisors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.