Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just posted my first Scenario over at FFG:
http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/battlelore/home/154

In which I have used some (possibly contentious) ideas that I would appreciate the community's input on, in summary they are:

1) No Victory Points are awarded at all. Victory is achieved only by meeting the Objectives set out in the Scenario.

2) The Starting player and the Map orientation are decided by the auction of Lore Points.

3) Occupying an opponents Command Tent reduces your opponents command effectiveness.

4) Occupying an unaligned Village increases your Lore Effectiveness (Local Knowledge).

5) Victory can occur if all of the Opponents Units have left the Board.

Obviously they are better read in context by following the link above.

I would appreciate any feed back on the concept of the rules and any ambiguity that you detect, along with any grammatical or spelling errors.

And please play test it, it should be balanced but only time can tell.

This scenario is intended as the First scenario in a Mini Campaign that I have been working out in concept. Point 5 above is a direct result as the player may decide to "live to fight another day" by withdrawing his troops rather than face further losses. If this first scenario is well received I will continue to explore the Idea and publish the campaign rules and a few more scenarios.

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks good but i'm not sure about the lore stuff in the village.

If the idea is that the villagers have local knowledge and that is why you get lore tokens and cards then i think either player should be able to get the 4 lore tokens the first time they occupy the village. (unless the first player slaughters them all! )

I also don't see why not occupying the village would cause you to "forget" the lore (cards) you have already accumulated. I would stick to the base rules maximum of 4 lore cards in your hand and allow the player that occupies the village at the end of their turn to gain a lore card for free. You could maybe get rid of the 4 lore tokens for the first to occupy and just have 1 lore (or more) and 1 card at the end of your turn instead.

Also, the starting player bid i think could just end up going to the blue (i forget their name!) army as their cavalry units could move 4 spaces and immediately get into the village. The red player would be reluctant to bid anything because the blue player could beat him there regardless of whether he went first or not. So, actually the blue player would probably bid 0 and hope the red player wastes some of his lore. Or they would both bid 0. Either way, i don't see it as adding anything particularly interesting.

But the overall idea of the scenario is cool and i look forward to trying it out! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainpigwash wrote:
It looks good but i'm not sure about the lore stuff in the village.....

Also, the starting player bid i think could just end up going to the blue (i forget their name!) army as their cavalry units could move 4 spaces and immediately get into the village.....

Thanks Bob,

Both are very valid points, especially the Bid for Initiative. It may be better to toss a coin, winner chooses which side to play on, loser goes first.

The thinking on the Lore was first in grabs the local Charts, Subsequent plays get a local advantage but only in the form of hand size. I hadn't released that a normal Hand could go up to 4 Lore Cards, I assumed 3 was a strong advantage and an incentive to defend the village.

Thanks again,
I look forward to any other feedback, especially as my copy has still not arrived so I am unable to fully test it myself.

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.