1 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Another 2 Player session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Borden
United States
flag msg tools
It’s been a few months since Mike and I have gotten together to play games. We quickly decided on Tigris & Euphrates since it’s one of our favorites.

We played 2 matches in a row.

In our past games, we always started close to each other. He would usually go for an early monument. I would try to focus on the off colors of that monument working towards his main kingdom, than fight to control of it once I was established (trying to prevent him from establishing the other 2 colors). This one didn’t follow our standard approach.

We each started on opposite sides in the middle of the board (the long side of the board). We did the typical black leader red tile opening and quickly added a green leader and started working towards the other treasures along the side of the board. After getting 2 treasures each, he moved his green leader to the opposite edge of the board while I just continued my kingdom out in the same way. I do not know if he was not getting the right tile colors, but he moved other leaders a couple of times (I guess fearing a catastrophe tile that would remove the only temple near them once the treasure was removed). This allowed me to get a couple of cubes ahead. He made the first monument; I added one of my own the next turn. He moved his leaders again to the 4 river square and started to build up another kingdom. I branched out my main kingdom towards his new kingdom (which was spread thinly spread across my edge of the board). He finished the monument the 2 turns before I arrived. I won the external conflict to force him out of the kingdom. The next turn I reconnected to claim the monument and triggered the end game by taking the treasure.

The final score:
Mike: 9 / 9 / 10 /11
Jay: 10 / 10 / 12 / 12

A very uneventful game since our only interaction was really one external conflict. I knew I had the advantage since he moved the leaders a couple of times, and my main kingdom was built way too thin to press a conflict that I didn’t feel I needed.

The second game wasn’t that great. Mike drew way too many red tiles and despite building a few monuments, was never able to hold them long enough to get enough blue. His lowest score was around 6 to my 10. We did play much more aggressively the second game though.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.