Subject: replacement cards during setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rules say

Quote:
9. Before the game begins, each player can replace one of the building cards. The player can replace his/her lumber mill card with a lumber mill card of a different colour or other building card (basic, expanded). The card which the player does not want is placed on the bottom of the appropriate pile (into the box in case of a lumber mill card). The new card is taken from the same pile (basic, expanded, lumber mill - box).

My question is, are these blind draws? I would assume yes, but the way the rules are written, it appears you can take any card you like from whichever pile.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I asked this for the translation, the answer was "we must still decide on this". The process is somewhat mysterious, but the rules mention "piles" (with an exception for the lumber mill), so it looks like a blind draw. When playing, we also assumed that this would be done in player order (which makes a difference for the lumber mills).
You can take a corresponding card only, i.e. same type of building. This was clarified for the translation.

EDIT: I see there is an official answer: Here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a player aid where it's mentioned how to do it. You can download it here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/97450/craftsmen-rules-summ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.