Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Schmidt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 player game with 3 newbies and me (played once two years ago). Races were Human(me), L1z1x, Yssaril, and Xxcha.

The Yssaril and L1z1x had an unspoken alliance most of the game and I was sort of pinched in the middle due to where the random distant suns worm holes emerged. I did a sneak attack with two loaded with fighter carriers on the Yssaril's two lone dreadnaughts which took him out of the game for a round or two. Everyone was worried about L1z1x's stranglehold on Mecatol and another system beside it, both had an "artifact" on them(VP planet, I just used a marker from one of the colors not in the game).

I was harping on Xxcha to do something when the political phase came up and he played a card which let him choose a card from the deck to vote on and he chose the one where you have to destroy dreadnaughts and cruisers, so the L1z1x lost 3 dreadnaughts at once! He had a lot of ground forces on those planets, plus since he had all of his dreadnaughts out he still had two left among some other oddball ships. I wasn't able to capitalize on this because the Yssaril player put a signal jam on my main strike force fleet (the two carriers) and the other fleet I could use was out of range.

Anyway, the game ended with L1z1x winning with 10 on round 6 or 7 when it was his turn to get Imperial card for the second time. The round before we all tried to push him off Mecatol and the other system, but he had so many ground forces we weren't able to. Well I should say, the others weren't able to. I had a plan of my own as I went for his home world which was barely defended to claim my secret objective and win me the game. Unfortunately when I got there (thanks to warfare and flank speed) there were 3 ground forces instead of the 1 that I though. I'm not sure if I just didn't notice the counters or if they got knocked into there by accident (he had been moving a bunch of stuff around in nearby systems), but in any case if became a coin flip battle instead of a sure thing for me (I had 4 ground forces).

My big mistake was I decided to go for Mecatol early when my secret objective had nothing to do with it. As I said it had an artifact on it which I house ruled in (I don't have the SE expansion), but that didn't mean much when I had 4 points at the time.

Anyway, I really enjoyed myself and will have to get this to the table again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Seery
msg tools
Sounds fun man, I bet L1z1x wasn't too happy when he lost those dreadnaughts. Our group is going to play a 6 player game this weekend, I'm excited and nervous all at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.