Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Human magic level 2 states "if you Trade, gain an extra resource."
Is this only the resource that you increasing during the trade action, or any resource? Lets say I am trading 2 ore for 2 food. Does that mean I get 3 food, or can I get 2 food and 1 ore or 2 food and one 1 mana?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
Is this only the resource that you increasing during the trade action, or any resource? Lets say I am trading 2 ore for 2 food. Does that mean I get 3 food, or can I get 2 food and 1 ore or 2 food and one 1 mana?

In your example, you would get 3 food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dusoe
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
jayelbird wrote:

In your example, you would get 3 food.

Ah. I have been playing that wrong. Scott, is there a way to word that more clearly? "...gain an extra resource" doesn't mean, at least to me, that I limited to only gaining the resource I am trading for.

Oh darn, now I have to go play another game with the right rule... More work to not get done...

DAMN YOU TEK!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Williams
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
Can you trade 2 for 2 in one trade action. I thought the trade section was clear that you could only trade out 1 resource per trade action.

So the human could trade 1 food and get 2 ore but not 2 and get 3.

Mitch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OFFICIAL Prototype Rules for TEK (pre-release) wrote:
Trade
A player may discard any number of one resource and gain an equal number of another resource. (Example: you may
discard 3 food to gain 3 ore)

Using the example in the rules, the Human player could discard 3 food to gain 4 ore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mitchw wrote:
Can you trade 2 for 2 in one trade action. I thought the trade section was clear that you could only trade out 1 resource per trade action.

So the human could trade 1 food and get 2 ore but not 2 and get 3.

Mitch

The rule is that you can only trade one type of resource for one type of resource. You can trade all the ore you want, but you can't trade ore and food in the same action, and you can only get food or magic for your ore, not both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dusoe
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the confusion occurs with the word "extra" on the card. "Extra" infers, to my mind, that this "extra" resource is outside the normal rule. In other words, we took this to mean that "in addition to the food you get for trading your ore, you get one resource". And like I said above, we didn't think that "extra" resource had to be food, in my example.

Put another way, "If you trade" is the trigger, "gain an extra resource" is the action. Two separate phrases, two separate concepts.

Maybe something like "When trading, gain one more of the traded resource"?

Seriously though, I am not hung up on it, we have moved on. We have found in the games we play that a little clarity goes a long way toward saving the table from being flipped...

But then again, so does a really heavy table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.