Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Jaquette
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey BGG, this year my birthday falls on the same day as my weekly game group meet up! We've been playing games together for over 3 years and it is an honor to call these guys friends. I have exclusive pick tomorrow, February 4th and I need your help! WANT TO HELP ME CELEBRATE??? What you can do is choose 3 games from my collection and the game that has the most votes by 5 pm tomorrow will be my 25th Birthday Game!!! There will be 5 people attending tomorrow but it doesn't have to play 5, any number is fine and we'll split up. This is an amazing community with such a vast wealth of knowledge, thanks everyone!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I suggest Puerto Rico, El Grande and Power Grid.

Why?
Because you gave them the highest ranks and I think you should play something you really like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jaquette
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Tobias!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kurczyna
United Kingdom
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how hard you're gonna celebrate - Snowdonia or Werewolves of Miller Hollow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should celebrate by having them bring you a new game. With your love of Dominion I think Trains would be great.

Let us know if we need to spam their emails with suggestions

Happy Birthday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance: This one would be great as a warm up.

Power Grid: Because it is awesome.

Puerto Rico: Because it is also awesome.

Hanabi: To close things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Given that your top 3 rated games play 5 players, I'd say go for those (El Grande Decennial Edition, Puerto Rico, and Power Grid).

The Resistance is also quite a bit of fun in a party atmosphere but I'd recommend it for 6+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should play:

Stone Age
- Because your age is changing
Pandemic - And have someone buy you the expansion to try out, or give yourself an extra power for your character because hey, it's your birthday!
Jungle Speed Safari - to wrap up with night with silliness.

Or, re-live your gaming journey, and play the first "real" game you ever liked, and then one from a midpoint in your gaming life, and then the latest game that you are currently enjoying. Re-live the memories!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday... Just joking. I say Power Grid.

I think you should also be open to playing any games that you may receive as a gift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jaquette
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey all, I just wanted to say thank you for the recomendations! One of my buddies suprised me by inviting my girlfriend. She brought birthday pie and decided to stay and play games (a keeper, I know) With 6 people total we ended up playing 4 games of Coup and when she left....Power Grid! It was an awsome night! Thanks again for everyone who chimed in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bippy the Goat
msg tools
mbmb
Zombicide is always a crowd pleaser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.