Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow survivors,

this game has been very high on my wishlist for quite some time, so after watching a lot of video reviews and tutorials while also browsing the rulebook today, I finally decided to order it despite not having played it yet.

I really like cooperative games and now wanted something with a more weight (and theme !) to it, so this was an obvious decision which I hope I won't regret.

As I have heard, the rules need some time to sink in and a FAQ is highly recommended, so expect some questions in the rules section here.

The game will arrive tomorrow, but I already have two questions beforehand if you don't mind:

1. Is there the essential FAQ on BGG or the internet somewhere which I should definitely read along the official rules ?

2. Are there some other very important things concerning rules I should know which most people do/did wrong because the rulebook is not clear (enough) about it ?

I don't intend to bash the quality of the rulebook here, I just don't want to re-read the rulebook several times, search for many FAQs or ask a thousand questions online and feel like an idiot.

Thanks for your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. The FAQ is available in the file section here on BGG.
2. At the top of my head newbies generally miss:
-taking a wound for EVERY unfulfilled demand.
-the book and "?" icon on top of each event card
-forgetting to move the turn counter
-resources are discarded only if the construction is successful
-you can't gather from the camp tile
-you gather only one ressource from a source (even if a tile has 2 sources ! you must chose which source you gather from in that case)
-What you get in a turn usually can't be used before next turn (exception are determination tokens).

Best advice I can give is watch a playthrough video attentively (Ricky Royal, Rahdo), then read the rulebook through and through, then the FAQ, then randomly look at forum threads in the rule section to see how sure you are of the rules compared to asked question (and answers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acken wrote:
1. The FAQ is available in the file section here on BGG.
2. At the top of my head newbies generally miss:
-taking a wound for EVERY unfulfilled demand.
-the book and "?" icon on top of each event card
-forgetting to move the turn counter
-resources are discarded only if the construction is successful
-you can't gather from the camp tile
-you gather only one ressource from a source (even if a tile has 2 sources ! you must chose which source you gather from in that case)
-What you get in a turn usually can't be used before next turn (exception are determination tokens).

To be fair, all of this is spelled out in the Zman rules, as I pleasantly discovered after my first game yesterday, when I came to check and everything was fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
my shoes are laced with irony
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I highly recommend using a player aid with turn order/notes and tracking each turn with a pawn. There are some good ones in the files here. I printed Ignacy's on some beige card stock and they look like original components.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boywithcap wrote:
Hi, I highly recommend using a player aid with turn order/notes

If you get the German Pegasus version (which I assume), then you will have already one in your box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
boywithcap wrote:
Hi, I highly recommend using a player aid with turn order/notes

If you get the German Pegasus version (which I assume), then you will have already one in your box!

And you won't have so many questions as the rules have been improved, taking on board various FAQs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your replies so far.

Can't wait for tomorrow !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.