Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Xu
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
Can nation in a camp (France) declare war on neutral player power(Prussia) ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Akyiikaung wrote:
Can nation in a camp (France) declare war on neutral player power(Prussia) ?

Yes, it would be free if done in the interphase or it would cost 7CP during an impulse because Prussia is a power (see rule 8.33). Prussia would then become a pact ally of whoever in the opposing camp has Prussia on their diplomatic track (or the last player in movement order in that camp otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Xu
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
Will Prussia automatically join a camp if it is a player power ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akyiikaung wrote:

Prussia starts the game neutral and can stay that way until it joins a camp or war is declared (either on it or by it). I've won a few games as Prussia while remaining neutral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Xu
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry about my question. I did not clarify properly. What I want to know is if France declare war on Prussia( neutral player power), will prussia automatically join coalition camp or it fights alone ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akyiikaung wrote:
Sorry about my question. I did not clarify properly. What I want to know is if France declare war on Prussia( neutral player power), will prussia automatically join coalition camp or it fights alone ?

A neutral Prussia (or any other nation) will automatically join the opposite camp of its attacker. There can only be two warring camps in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Xu
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
I see. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Akyiikaung wrote:

Prussia starts the game neutral and can stay that way until it joins a camp or war is declared (either on it or by it). I've won a few games as Prussia while remaining neutral.

Me too. It's a fun country to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich's answer is not entirely right.

There is always a *player* who will control the attacked neutral country. That player is (1) the player who controls the power on whose track the neutral's Consul is at the moment of the attack, or (2) if the country is unaligned, the player in the opposing camp of the attacking power who controls the smallest number of keys (not equal to "last in movement order" ).

Notice, just controlling the least keys is not enough for that last - if say France is attacking Prussia, and Austria has the least keys among player powers, but Austria currently neutral after a conquest, and Russia has the least keys *of those powers currently in the coalition* (thus, in the camp opposed to the French attacker), then Russia, not Austria, would get control of Prussia.

That player (in the second case, not the Consul alignment case) *may* immediately move the attacked neutral to Pact status and add it to his camp, if he has one. But he is not *forced* to do so. He is allowed to instead leave the attacked country in its neutral alignment, and still control it, play its hand, and move its forces.

Why would a player with the option to Pact-status a country decline to do so? Because the player who Pact controls that country becomes responsible for its keys if he accepts Pact status with it. If several of those keys are lost, that player's victory status declines as a result. The player may not wish to take on that responsibility, especially if it looks like that country is not long for this world (faces overwhelming attack e.g.) The player with the option to gain the attacked country as an ally, can run its resistance without signing up for that - or can take it as a full ally in his own camp etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonC wrote:
Why would a player with the option to Pact-status a country decline to do so? Because the player who Pact controls that country becomes responsible for its keys if he accepts Pact status with it. If several of those keys are lost, that player's victory status declines as a result. The player may not wish to take on that responsibility, especially if it looks like that country is not long for this world (faces overwhelming attack e.g.) The player with the option to gain the attacked country as an ally, can run its resistance without signing up for that - or can take it as a full ally in his own camp etc.

This used to be correct under the first edition rules, but not under second edition. The key-counts of allies no longer affect victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
egrimm egrimm
France
flag msg tools
Quote:
if the country is unaligned, the player in the opposing camp of the attacking power who controls the smallest number of keys (not equal to "last in movement order" ).

Does it still true in the 2nd edition ? I don't find it in the rules.
And i don't understand the point "last in movement order".
Does it mean "last" on this turn order ? or "last" to play after the DOW ?
( For exemple Autria, if Russia is the attacker and Austria and Russia are in opposite camp )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
egrimm egrimm
France
flag msg tools
Quote:
He is allowed to instead leave the attacked country in its neutral alignment, and still control it, play its hand, and move its forces.

It's seem that the the switch ally statue is not an option. The neutral proxy BECAME ally, automatically.

And i understand that only when a proxy is ally, then the power can pley they cards. If not ( just neutral client ) the proxy play they card as random.

I'm wrong ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.