Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is a compilation of known information on the contents of the upcoming expansion; check out the "Huge preview of Confrontation" for more recent info.
http://www.titaniumwars.com/en/
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/148699/titanium-wars-conf...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
* 4 new Leaders
-Duchess Von Stahl, Lucida Hollow, Bormi (pictured with Tusken Raiders), and Sire Erizio.
-We know a bit about the Duchess ("She has a defensive special ability: "Iron will". It allows you to partially repair your Ship when you have only 1 Ship in your Fleet."), and Lucida ("Special ability: Omniscience. It allows you to obtain some informations from the discarded cards.")

* 6 new planets and events

* 2 new units
-Corvette. It's a Tech 1 ship, seems to activate early (initiative 3, 4 and 7), and is vulnerable to a number of tactics cards. The designer describes it as a hybrid between Fighters and Cruisers; should have, quote, "good stats for an interesting price."
-Defensive Turret. Activates defensively like Minefields, but in a completely different manner- it inflicts 3 points of (regular) damage to ships activated by the enemy tactic which triggered it. Higher cost, tech requirement and durability than Minefield.

* 2 new upgrades
-Combat Computer. No info on this one.
-Flagship (Admiral?).You can only have one of them in your fleet, it costs 750 credits, and it grants the ship +1 Attack and +5 Defense; it also raises the size of your hand by 1 card. At Tech 0, this looks like an amazingly versatile item for rush builds. You're saving a marginal amount of money, but its main benefit is that it takes a single upgrade slot. No reason not to buy it.

* Mercenaries
-I am very perplexed by this one. The designer said that it's going to be a unit, but it's not listed among the new units, and is stated to be linked specifically to the new game mode, Versus (1v1 or team v team).

* 2 new buildings
-Recycling Complex. I don't know what it does, but with that name it's not too hard to guess. Whenever you lose a unit or upgrade, you get a 50c refund.
-Orbital Platform. This is a HUGE DEAL. It's a building that opens up additional building slots. Players whose planets lack a sufficient number of building slots will be able to remedy the issue. More importantly, if it ends up counting as a separate planet, it would allow for stronger Planetary Support strategies, which is exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the Defensive Turret would inflict inflicts 3 points of (regular) damage to A ships activated by the enemy tactic which triggered it.
"A" as in ONE/1 and not all, like minefields.
Not sure anymore where I got this info tho... I think from comments on the Facebookpage. (which is mainly in french)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
I thought the Defensive Turret would inflict inflicts 3 points of (regular) damage to A ships activated by the enemy tactic which triggered it.
"A" as in ONE/1 and not all, like minefields.
Not sure anymore where I got this info tho... I think from comments on the Facebookpage. (which is mainly in french)

Yes, it's not Blast damage so it doesn't hit all of them, but I assume you would be able to divide the 3 points of damage between multiple valid ships, especially if you trigger multiple turrets. I don't know that for sure, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
-Recycling Complex. I don't know what it does, but with that name it's not too hard to guess.

I found a bit of information about this on the French faq. I don't know why but they already have a few questions about the expansion...it must be coming very soon to France

When ever one of your units or upgrades returns to the Arsenal (even when you destroy it yourself to make space for other units or upgrades) you get 50 credits.

ps: I'm note sure if 'Arsenal' is the word used in English: it's the area from which you buy the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rapzoph wrote:
Quote:
-Recycling Complex. I don't know what it does, but with that name it's not too hard to guess.

I found a bit of information about this on the French faq. I don't know why but they already have a few questions about the expansion...it must be coming very soon to France

When ever one of your units or upgrades returns to the Arsenal (even when you destroy it yourself to make space for other units or upgrades) you get 50 credits.

ps: I'm note sure if 'Arsenal' is the word used in English: it's the area from which you buy the cards.

Thanks for the info, Ian, I'll add it to the list. And yes, it's 'arsenal'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric GUERARD
France
Lille
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Take care about the Recycling Complex: as Rapzoph noticed it, it gives you 50c each time an Unit or Upgrade returns to the Arsenal, so not only when you destroy it by yourself, but also when an opponent destroys it during a battle.

The expansion will be available in France on the April 25th, and in the US very soon (the translation is almost complete).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Beewiz wrote:

Take care about the Recycling Complex: as Rapzoph noticed it, it gives you 50c each time an Unit or Upgrade returns to the Arsenal, so not only when you destroy it by yourself, but also when an opponent destroys it during a battle.

Thanks for the info, Frédéric! The Recycling station sounds super strong, can't wait to get my hands on the expansion. By the way, when are you going to announce your new game, the artwork on the Euphoria facebook page is super exciting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric GUERARD
France
Lille
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
Beewiz wrote:

Thanks for the info, Frédéric! The Recycling station sounds super strong, can't wait to get my hands on the expansion. By the way, when are you going to announce your new game, the artwork on the Euphoria facebook page is super exciting?

The new game will be announced in a few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Beewiz wrote:
The new game will be announced in a few weeks.

Fantastic, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.