Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Titanium Wars» Forums » General

Subject: The Kraken ship and the story of how I WANT IT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
These two are promotional giveaways for Titanium Day: a unique leader (if someone could translate for me, it would be swell to know what he does) and the Kraken, A MASSIVE 25 ARMOR DESTROYER WITH 5 UPGRADE SLOTS! I could only imagine it has 40,000 attack. In all seriousness, this is a ship that could potentially have 38+ defense, the mere thought of which gets me seriously hot and bothered.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ug, stop making exclusive promos!!!! It's annoying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric GUERARD
France
Lille
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming soon in US...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Beewiz wrote:
Coming soon in US...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they will be available on the BGG store. I've already had one friend who passed on buying the game when he heard the trouble I went through to get the last promo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I hope they will be available on the BGG store. I've already had one friend who passed on buying the game when he heard the trouble I went through to get the last promo.

Not getting one card isn't really reason enough not to play a great game, I think?
How did you get it, by the way?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peterpotamus wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
I hope they will be available on the BGG store. I've already had one friend who passed on buying the game when he heard the trouble I went through to get the last promo.

Not getting one card isn't really reason enough not to play a great game, I think?
How did you get it, by the way?


I play with people who hate the exclusive promo thing, and having incomplete games. Some would rather not get the game on principle.

I finally scored it in a trade on here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric GUERARD
France
Lille
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo cards pictures are easy to find. You can just print it and put it in a sleeve.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The leader sais:
At the beginning of the production phase:
If your tech level is 0: get 200credits extra
If your tech level is 1: get 100credicts extra
Higher levels receive no extra credits.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
The leader sais:
At the beginning of the production phase:
If your tech level is 0: get 200credits extra
If your tech level is 1: get 100credicts extra
Higher levels receive no extra credits.


Thanks! That's pretty strong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strong early on in the game...
I don't really know if it would be a good idea to stay level 0 or 1 just to get some extra cash. Seems to mee you're missing out some powerful cards at higher levels for a small cash benefit.

So yes, strong at the start of the game, but halfway your leader will lose it's power while your adversaries keep theirs!
No idea if it will all balance out in the end...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
Strong early on in the game...
I don't really know if it would be a good idea to stay level 0 or 1 just to get some extra cash. Seems to mee you're missing out some powerful cards at higher levels for a small cash benefit.

So yes, strong at the start of the game, but halfway your leader will lose it's power while your adversaries keep theirs!
No idea if it will all balance out in the end...


Everything you said is true, it's hard to stay below tech 2 for an entire game, but I think this power can be used very effectively. You can build space ports and max out on un-upgraded Cruisers and Fighters for a couple of turns, then go up to tech 1 and just power through to the end with armoured ships and planetary supports. It'd be a powerful and reliable strategy, albeit a boring one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no one who has put this Kraken card on a scanner and shared it???
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
Still no one who has put this Kraken card on a scanner and shared it???


I'm waiting for that too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is the Kraken available for purchase like every other ship in the center piles? First come first served?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
Still no one who has put this Kraken card on a scanner and shared it???


I have the Kraken but not Mok Tok. Feel free to message me and I may be able to share.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Robinson
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Jack of All Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have The Krakenn, Mok Tok, and Bloody. They were available at Gencon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
branwheat wrote:
I have The Krakenn, Mok Tok, and Bloody. They were available at Gencon.


Whaaaat? I was at Gen Con, and not only did they tell me the promos weren't available, but the expansion wasn't available for sale either. Sucks to be me, i guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2209726/titanium-wars-kraken

Thanks to
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
for posting
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.