Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Pro Fit Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Proud
Canada
flag msg tools
Does anyone have any experience using Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves with their Netrunner cards? I'm thinking about storing my cards in just a Pro-Fit sleeve and putting them in Deck Protectors for play. I've never used Pro-Fits before so I don't know how tight they are and I'm just wondering if they might cause the cards to bend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I just got Ultra-Pro Deck Protector Sleeves:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BG0LAW/ref=oh_details_o...

I use it for my decks and play with them. They fit very well. Of a few that I've tried they fit the best. Tight enough to play with them comfortably, but doesn't bend them. They should fit into Ultra-Pro binder pages, but I haven't tried it. Years ago when I played Magic, I could easily fit sleeved cards into binder pages.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Kozłowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binarymelon wrote:
Does anyone have any experience using Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves with their Netrunner cards? I'm thinking about storing my cards in just a Pro-Fit sleeve and putting them in Deck Protectors for play. I've never used Pro-Fits before so I don't know how tight they are and I'm just wondering if they might cause the cards to bend.


My whole collection is stored in Ultra Pro pro-fit sleeves, originally in the game box, now in 2 solid binders. They're tight, but reasonably so - no card warping potential imho.

2 points to note though:

- on average you get around 1 warped / mis-cut sleeve in a 100 unit pack
- sleeves between different packs might somewhat vary by length, so if you'd try to play without protectors a deck built from cards sleeved using different packs might be considered marked (not sure if this is noticeable enough to apply to transparent protectors)

Just to ensure this doesn't come out negative - this is a choice I'm definitely happy with, neither of the two above has any significant drawback to me personally.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
binarymelon wrote:
Does anyone have any experience using Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves with their Netrunner cards? I'm thinking about storing my cards in just a Pro-Fit sleeve and putting them in Deck Protectors for play. I've never used Pro-Fits before so I don't know how tight they are and I'm just wondering if they might cause the cards to bend.


I use KMC Perfect Fits which are (if I recall correctly) even slimmer than Ultra Pro Pro-Fits. And they slide in just fine, with no warping/bending whatsoever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tvaduva wrote:
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I just got Ultra-Pro Deck Protector Sleeves:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BG0LAW/ref=oh_details_o...

I use it for my decks and play with them. They fit very well. Of a few that I've tried they fit the best. Tight enough to play with them comfortably, but doesn't bend them. They should fit into Ultra-Pro binder pages, but I haven't tried it. Years ago when I played Magic, I could easily fit sleeved cards into binder pages.


I use those as well (See link). Works perfectly for me! for 6$ per 100, I don't see any reason to go with Dragon Shields which sells for 10$ over here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Vuud wrote:
I use those as well (See link). Works perfectly for me! for 6$ per 100, I don't see any reason to go with Dragon Shields which sells for 10$ over here.


Dragon Shield sleeves are far better than Ultra Pro ones. Have you actually seen a Dragon Shield before? Because I can't understand how can you compare them both.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Doesn't the hologram dot on the sleeves bother you? It's the main reason I went with FFG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
my friend uses those pro sleeves and regret the purchase, he's waiting for them to get used before he buys dragon shields.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otterson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Question: Doesn't the hologram dot on the sleeves bother you? It's the main reason I went with FFG.


No, I kinda like it. For whatever reason.

When I first bought ANR I bought FFG sleeves along with it, since it's an FFG game. However, after some use I decided I really didn't like FFG sleeves (they're too roomy, especially lengthwise). Ultra Pro are perfect; snug and thick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion Double Matte Sleeves: that's my anti-drug. Dragon Shields are nice, but almost too thick. They have a semi-permanent curve to them that eventually transfers to the cards inside.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Siwek
Poland
flag msg tools
I double sleeve with KMC Perfect Fits and I have no problems at all. I like to keep everything sleeved and by double sleeving you don't get problem with marked sleeves that happens when you single sleeve entire collection (most used cards get more wear than rest).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Salinas
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do exactly this, Pro Fit inner sleeves for the collection, and then slap a set of the Ultra Pro Mattes on them when I build a deck (to prevent commonly used cards like agendas from showing lots of wear at tournaments). I like this quite a bit, the inner sleeves makes re-sleeving pretty easy, and I like the matte finish (hologram doesn't bug me).

One thing to note is that the new set of Promo cards produced by FFG (starting with Scorched Earth), are TOO BIG to fit into a Pro Fit sleeve. They are a full mm wider than they should be and putting them in pro fits makes them visibly warp. Just so you know, if you like using mis-sized promos, this is the one down side of going this route.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Shields... they're tough as hell, but they're a little too thick and rubbery for my tastes. I prefer the textured finish of Ultra-Pro's deck protectors. I know they get a lot of flak, but I'm a pretty gentle shuffler, so cracking sleeves has never been an issue for me.

I really don't see much point in double-sleeving netrunner, since the cards don't have resale value the way a CCG would.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hraklea wrote:
Vuud wrote:
I use those as well (See link). Works perfectly for me! for 6$ per 100, I don't see any reason to go with Dragon Shields which sells for 10$ over here.


Dragon Shield sleeves are far better than Ultra Pro ones. Have you actually seen a Dragon Shield before? Because I can't understand how can you compare them both.


Oh I used dragon shield before. I never had any issues with sleeve durability, ultra pro or dragon shields. Spending more for dragon shields would absolutely not do anything for me. Eventually sleeves need to replaced, as they will get too dirty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there seems to be some recommending happening, I use Ultra Pro Pro Mattes. Those are nice sleeves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Question: Doesn't the hologram dot on the sleeves bother you? It's the main reason I went with FFG.


Not as much as the extra material around the sides, and especially the top, of the cards. I like the FF stuff, but they're a bit large. As often as I play these fold at the edges, snag, and split far more often than other sleeves.

I also prefer a matte finish as early in a sleeve's life they aren't as slippery and later not as sticky.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sabol
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using FFG clear for Corp but since I bought them at retail from my FLGS (well 15% off) I decided to use a slew of previously used UP Matt Black for the Runners.

Money no object I'd buy a case each of Blue and Red UP and a pack of some other color for the personality cards and just deal with the holograms for the cool factor
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.