Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Pickering
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there.

New to BGG and we love this New game TEK.
While we are supporting this game 100% can the publisher/designer please consider this small request ?
We are hoping it would get thumbs up by others here at BGG.

Can you make the race cards in such way that there is a male picture on one
side and the female picture on the other side ?
for example Dark Elves has both sexes covered on one card ?

This way any one player can decide if he/she would like to play with the
male look/art? or female look/art ?

this game is taking everyone by storm because of its style of play, the cost is very economical and the mechanics and the space to store it
(most of us live in small apartments)

Out of 38 players in my gaming group , 19 are girls and they love this
but they all say we wish this could have been given as a choice of play
either sex for each race.

Anyways if this request is out of order or it is going to cost you more, please delete my post.

Cheers to all of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island character cards. My wife appreciated that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ageofconan wrote:
Anyways if this request is out of order or it is going to cost you more, please delete my post.

The publisher has previously stated that it would cost a LOT more. And due to the cost it would never happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
ageofconan wrote:

Cheers to all of you.

Better to leave the post up, that way others can see that it has been asked and answered. Also, putting the question (or at least a hint of it) in the subject helps others checking the forums.

Enjoy BGG, you'll find that it's a great resource for researching boardgames, and finding new players to play with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After several male factions were revealed, there was a big push towards female champions for the factions.

Male:
Human
Dwarf
Halfling
Saytr
Order of Gamelyn

Female:
Elf
Dark Elf
Centaur
Merfolk
Valkyries

Can't tell:
Undead
Shapeshifters
Lizardmen
Constructs

Orcs and Goblins I'll set aside for now because I hold the Games Workshop belief that they are related to fungus and reproduce asexually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree many people like this idea and it makes sense when you play single characters but that is not the case in this game. you are playing a race. an entire species. you have both males and females all through your race so i find this concern for this game a little out of place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
you are playing a race. an entire species. you have both males and females all through your race.

Then perhaps the card should show both. Two characters. Or a whole tribe of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
you are playing a race. an entire species. you have both males and females all through your race.

Then perhaps the card should show both. Two characters. Or a whole tribe of them.

maybe. although i think its understood to the point where its not necessary. if i play the dark elves i know i dont have to be female and i would do so without a second thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Art costs money. It takes time to make art and artists gotta eat too. That being said, maybe if we hit $400K this could become a serious consideration?

I still think this is an extremely valuable point to make and that this post should remain up as a reminder to Gamelyn Games (and every other game company out there) to strongly consider this sort of thing when making art for games. If the art is done right the *first*, it costs much less to make people happy with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I also made this comment early on, I was spurred on by Legends of Andor which has a male and female side.

But I think a key difference here is that Legends of Andor had you playing a single character, where Tiny Epic Kingdoms has you representing a whole kingdom. So it is safe to assume there are plenty of females.

Having said the above, I would never be opposed to male and female artwork being added to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
I also made this comment early on, I was spurred on by Legends of Andor which has a male and female side.

But I think a key difference here is that Legends of Andor had you playing a single character, where Tiny Epic Kingdoms has you representing a whole kingdom. So it is safe to assume there are plenty of females.

Having said the above, I would never be opposed to male and female artwork being added to the game.

totally agree. Argent did the same thing having male and female candidates on the same player board. however since they have different starting spells i still may play the female side lol. i guess its just not that big a deal to me.

i do know that TEK has tried to get a good mix of male and female pictures across the various factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the (early) Myth stretch-goals was other-gender figs for the player classes they had. That's a BIG deal and one of the (many!) reasons I backed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.