Hide
5 Posts

Cave Evil» Forums » Rules

Subject: question: Losing control of creatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec L
msg tools
Can't remember the exact card, but recently an Event card caused all Necromancers to lose control of Bribe deck creatures, they became wandering monsters. I had a few powerful items equipped to my Dart Adder, and he became a wandering Monster.

My friend said that all items/resources should be dropped by the Adder. I thought this seemed strange (card didn't specify). Should the wandering monster keep all resources/items it had equipped, or drop them? Seems odd to me that they would drop them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Antunes
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hey, mouseover!
badge
Hey, mouseover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alecloud wrote:
My friend said that all items/resources should be dropped by the Adder. I thought this seemed strange (card didn't specify). Should the wandering monster keep all resources/items it had equipped, or drop them? Seems odd to me that they would drop them.

I think it would lose resources but would stay with items (or stay with both). Rules mentions that items are droped by creatures only on kills.

Maybe he´s confusing it with the abandonment rule, where you choose to abandon monsters (turning them into wandering) or abandoning items (dropping them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for late reply.

Page 10 paragraph 2 briefly mentions "Event Cards drawn may be read and prepared for"

This event is Slave Revolt (which even I hate because I tend to like Bribe workers), but you could drop or give away items anytime during your turn before this event is enacted in phase 4. You are saying good bye to these creatures and can tell them to give them your items and so forth.

Wandering Monsters (and this should be stated much clearer in the rule book) are intended to be used how ever the person moving or using them wishes to use them. If a player is Combating a Wandering Monster and the WM is assigned to a player to roll during combat, we intend that it is up to that player to us any abilities or items stacked with WM squad as they desire. We mention in the Combat section the use of items, spells and abilities throughout a fight round, these apply to WM Squads as well. It should be more clear on our part.

example: A WM Dracor could use a bomb that it is stacked with if a player rolling for it wants to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec L
msg tools
Thanks for the response! It was actually a 4 player game, and it was someone else's turn that the event occurred on. So, there was really nothing I could do as far as passing the items back to my squad.

But I gather from your response that there was no rule or reason the adder would have to drop his equipment by default. It was also not the turn of the friend who said the adder should drop it's stuff, so I'm guessing he just wanted a chance to pick it up.

Loving the game! Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be basically the same. You can make arrangements within your Squad before it separates. These creatures are either carrying or not carrying. You can chose to not carry that item before it leaves. When the squad moves, during your next turn, that would be the time carrying the actual item matters. If it can't be carried it would be left behind.

The card is strictly bribe Creatures abandoning the hold of the Necromancer. You have the ability to control the distribution in your squad of other cards.

If it were a solo creature with item you could certainly drop the item if you wish. We intend players give as much life to Wandering creatures as they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.