Jeremy Wright
United States
Hopkins
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have posted the most recent version of the rules for Blasted, which we aim to publish this year. It's a spaceship combat game that is themed after 1950's to 70's post-futurism, and it's been through some heavy play testing with our core group and limited blind play testing.

As we ramp up the blind play testing, we are hoping to get more rule book specific feedback, though any feedback is encouraged! Please keep in mind that this is just a Word document with example art, mostly scavenged from Google Images. Our illustrator is working on a much more attractive version.

You can download the file from BGG here: [filepage=99625]Blasted Rule Booklet[/filepage]

Thank you for looking!

EDIT: The version of the rule book in the link above is rotated 90 degrees. In some cases, you may be able to rotate it in your web browser when viewing the file or with your PDF viewer. However, we have uploaded a revised version that is not rotated to BGG. We will fix the link as soon as it has been approved. Sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: The rule book is now rotated correctly. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: As of now (2/10/2014), there is a revised version of the rule book available for download at the same link. The new version will hopefully clear up all of the questions readers had with the previous version. Thank you for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bentley
msg tools
mbmbmb
The rulebook looks like it's optimized for print with everything rotated 90 degrees. This makes it rather annoying to review without printing out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wright
United States
Hopkins
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Maltodextrin wrote:
The rulebook looks like it's optimized for print with everything rotated 90 degrees. This makes it rather annoying to review without printing out.

Sorry, Nathan. Are you able to right-click on it and rotate it with your browser? I can with mine, and just assumed it was a universal function - probably mistakenly. Either way, I'll figure out how to get it rotated, re-upload it, and try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wright
United States
Hopkins
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book is now rotated correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well written rules, I have a couple of questions:

1. When a ship is destroyed 2 tiles can get placed there, wreckage and secondary weapon (if any). If a player wants to collect from this tile would it take 2 actions to take them both? CAN you take them both?

2. If you only had one ship, and it was destroyed, do you keep all the cards in your hand?

3. You say an example of 2 players, on a team, controlling 2 ships each...I thought there were only 4 ships total? Who are they playing against?

4. I am confused about Waves...Could you provide an example of how a round should play out? Those Round/wave/turn paragraphs are wordy and a diagram or example would be useful.

5. You say the highest surviving ship's wave # goes first, and then it goes down from there. But if a reinforcment ship is a 3, and the highest surviving ship is a 2, does the reinforcment ship get to do anything? Along this vibe...is placing a reinforcment ship on the board the only action you can do with it on its first turn...or does it have movement/attacking on that very first turn? If not, then that first question is also answered. Because the rules say 'at the beginning of your turn place the ship' so I understand that ship's wave value is not a 'surviving ship's' wave value, but I don't understand if it gets to DO anything that turn, besides get 'armed'.

6. Also, can a reinforcment be attacked on that first turn (when placed on board)?

7. So it is possible to enter and leave out of same wormhole?

thanks -Chad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wright
United States
Hopkins
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chadgar24 wrote:
1. When a ship is destroyed 2 tiles can get placed there, wreckage and secondary weapon (if any). If a player wants to collect from this tile would it take 2 actions to take them both? CAN you take them both?

You can take them both but it does take 2 actions to do so.

chadgar24 wrote:
2. If you only had one ship, and it was destroyed, do you keep all the cards in your hand?

Yes, you keep all of the cards in your hand, but any cards installed on the ship are lost.

chadgar24 wrote:
3. You say an example of 2 players, on a team, controlling 2 ships each...I thought there were only 4 ships total? Who are they playing against?

You are correct, that is a misprint.

chadgar24 wrote:
4. I am confused about Waves...Could you provide an example of how a round should play out? Those Round/wave/turn paragraphs are wordy and a diagram or example would be useful.

Great idea, we'll look at coming up with an illustration for that. Basically, the point of waves is that if you control 2 or more ships, that the other player(s) are able to move in between you moving both of your ships. We also plan on an expansion, raising it to a maximum of 8 ships (8 players with 1 ship each, or 2 players with 4 ships each, etc). So we want each player to have a turn only one time per wave so player 1 can't just hammer player 2 with 4 ships right out of the gates. We'll try to clarify the wording as well.

chadgar24 wrote:
5. You say the highest surviving ship's wave # goes first, and then it goes down from there. But if a reinforcment ship is a 3, and the highest surviving ship is a 2, does the reinforcment ship get to do anything? Along this vibe...is placing a reinforcment ship on the board the only action you can do with it on its first turn...or does it have movement/attacking on that very first turn? If not, then that first question is also answered. Because the rules say 'at the beginning of your turn place the ship' so I understand that ship's wave value is not a 'surviving ship's' wave value, but I don't understand if it gets to DO anything that turn, besides get 'armed'.

You're right, the wording there contradicts our intentions. The reinforcement would be played based on its wave number, so 'surviving' ship isn't how we should refer to it. The ship is able to take actions immediately, though. We'll clarify that on both ends.

chadgar24 wrote:
6. Also, can a reinforcment be attacked on that first turn (when placed on board)?

It comes out shooting and may be targeted once in play.

chadgar24 wrote:
7. So it is possible to enter and leave out of same wormhole?

Currently, yes it is. We're working on revising the wormhole mechanic so that if you roll the same number as the wormhole you entered, you can pick any exit location. You'd also exit immediately rather than be removed from game play. Anyway, it's all kind of up in the air until we do some testing.

These are all awesome questions and shed a lot of light on some weaknesses in the rules. We really appreciate it! If you have any more questions/comments/suggestions based on the responses above, please definitely feel free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wright
United States
Hopkins
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zorin_productions wrote:
Looks cool!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like a fun game. And I agree about the wormhole thing...like if you roll the number you went in...then something cool should happen. Like you reverse time, or something very 'Sci-Fy'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wright
United States
Hopkins
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, we have updated the rule book to (hopefully) address all of the questions from the previous version of the rule book. Thank you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.