Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ezrens Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezrens power says that when ezren is playing an arcane spell he can examine his deck and so on...

if he plays an arcane spell during an encounter for his comabt check and during the same encounter plays mirror image for damage reduce does he draw 2 cards in the "apply any effects that happen after the encounter" step cause of 2 arcane spells?

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adjacentbeastman wrote:
Ezrens power says that when ezren is playing an arcane spell he can examine his deck and so on...

if he plays an arcane spell during an encounter for his combat check and during the same encounter plays mirror image for damage reduce does he draw 2 cards in the "apply any effects that happen after the encounter" step cause of 2 arcane spells?

cheers

I don't think anyone, short of a designer, can give you a definitive answer on this. For reference, here is the link to the FAQ where this was updated for anyone that reads this:

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk#v5748eaic9ral

My take though is he only gets to draw 1. I'd read the "a" in his power as "if you played any spells, you may examine..." But that is a bit weak for an explanation from someone who didn't design the game.

EDIT: I posted this over at Paizo in the hopes it gets seen by Vic or Mike a little faster.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qnc4?Can-Ezren-Draw-2-Cards-Fro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
adjacentbeastman wrote:

if he plays an arcane spell during an encounter for his combat check and during the same encounter plays mirror image for damage reduce does he draw 2 cards in the "apply any effects that happen after the encounter" step cause of 2 arcane spells?

cheers

I don't think anyone, short of a designer, can give you a definitive answer on this. For reference, here is the link to the FAQ where this was updated for anyone that reads this:

My take though is he only gets to draw 1. I'd read the "a" in his power as "if you played any spells, you may examine..." But that is a bit weak for an explanation from someone who didn't design the game.

EDIT: I posted this over at Paizo in the hopes it gets seen by Vic or Mike a little faster.

That's what I think too but let us hope for an answer of the designers soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
It's not an "after the encounter" thing. It happens immediately.

No this is not correct read the FAQ.

Mike answered this one on paizo.com.
Because you only can use each power once you only draw one card.

thanks to hawkmoon for posting the question !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
adjacentbeastman wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

Huh. I'll be damned. Just when I think I've got a handle on everything... ;p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
adjacentbeastman wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

Huh. I'll be damned. Just when I think I've got a handle on everything... ;p

We've also been playing this incorrectly, and drawing immediately - though I don't think it's led to ever playing the newly drawn spell during the encounter (As in Mirror image or Arcane armour) so hopefully we've not been getting an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adjacentbeastman wrote:
269Hawkmoon wrote:
adjacentbeastman wrote:

cheers

That's what I think too but let us hope for an answer of the designers soon

They should have put a designer inside every box to be fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zero K0ol
msg tools
Mike said on pg 10: powers can be used once per check. So if you use 2 spells on one combat check, even to mitigate damage, you get one draw as it is one check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.