7 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: movement points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
can you pay for more movement points after exploring or do all movement points have to be bought at once including those spent on exploration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy more after exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you haven't taken any action you can continue to spend move points. However you cannot revise the points already spent (ie add a mana to power up the card) since you discovered new information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
During the movement phase, you can spend some points to move/explore, then play additional cards/effects to generate more movement points, keep moving, etc.

This occurs frequently when your movement reveals new information such as:
* Exploring a new Tile
* Moving next to a Keep/Mage Tower to reveal the defending unit
* Moving next to a City to reveal the defenders
* Moving onto an Ancient Ruins tile at night

The main point is you can't retroactively power a card with mana after revealing new information (e.g. if I play March for Move 2, and use it to explore a new tile, I can't then go back and spend a green mana to make the card worth Move 4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Semi-related question, if I move to a hex that triggers a Rampaging enemy to attack me, can I still explore before the fight from my currect location? Or does the fight IMMEDIATLY interrupt my Movement phase and forces me into the Action phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
Semi-related question, if I move to a hex that triggers a Rampaging enemy to attack me, can I still explore before the fight from my currect location? Or does the fight IMMEDIATLY interrupt my Movement phase and forces me into the Action phase?

You're immediately stopped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.