Subject: Raid reached a 'dead end' - over? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a huge 15 counter raid (11 from instruction counter + 4 more from events) that went through Shiprock. Family A ambushed the raid the 1st time it reached it in area 4, and then the 2nd time through, it successfully (FE) battled the raid before going to the escape box.

What do I do when the raid counters reach the 6 area of Shiprock since it's a dead end? Is the raid over, or do I use the remaining raid counters in Santa Fe (6 left) to jump to another area? The decision diamond asks '0 family on area tracks' but not sure if that means any active families left on area tracks in other territories (of which I have) or just on the Shiprock track (of which there is none).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas V
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools

Don't have charts at hand but i thought raid should go after the closest family in movement points. If several are at equal distance, use alphabet priority.

You'd better invested in cunning level 1 . I Always do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that advice - I believe the correct play is to go back to the raid counters located at the fork in the road and continue towards the remaining families.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! We did a large raid in the live demo a couple weeks ago. I think it is in part 2 of the demo recording: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHpFcqXE0n5RPJXEMPIJxN...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I would suggest revisiting the raid flow chart. When placing a counter it directs you to place it adjacent to an already placed counter (not necessarily the most recently placed counter) that is closest to the nearest family in terms of the sum of the area values. Alphabetic priority breaks ties.

If you do this I think it is impossible to hit a dead end. You would veer off before then. Though I am sure someone will come up with a weird corner-case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bholle wrote:
I would suggest revisiting the raid flow chart. When placing a counter it directs you to place it adjacent to an already placed counter (not necessarily the most recently placed counter) that is closest to the nearest family in terms of the sum of the area values. Alphabetic priority breaks ties.

If you do this I think it is impossible to hit a dead end. You would veer off before then. Though I am sure someone will come up with a weird corner-case...

Eventually, every family (save those that are inside a fort) will get moved to the Caught/Escape boxes, or the raid counters will be exhausted. In either case, the raid will end. (and in the former, the leftover raid counters are used for some action) Families can't coexist with a raid counter -- if one enters their area, they evade, escape, or are caught one way or another. Given enough raid counters, every (non-fort) family will end up in Caught/Escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.