Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I know there is a retheme of Love Letter with the Legend of the 5 Rings however, I was wondering why the art used is not that of Mario Wibisono. His images are stunning.

Mario Wibisono does art for Legend of the 5 Rings too. Some examples of characters from the Legends of the 5 Rings that are drawn by him are Bayushi Misaki, Soshi Miroki and Shiba Tsukimi.

Just find it a shame that such amazing art was not used. The only thing that I dislike about Love Letter is the art. I love the game just not the art that is used be it the Japanese version, the original AEG European version or the Legends of the 5 Rings version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one am pretty happy about that - a long time L5R fan, but not a Mario Wibisono fan. De gustibus ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received and played several games of L5R Love Letter this past weekend, and loved it! I thought the artwork was definitely L5R-quality, and was just oozing with clan theme! The scorpion, crab, crane, etc., was beautifully depicted.

Also, just a fantastic game. So much game in so few cards.

And LOVED the L5R theme. This will be hitting the table as a great quick filler many many times again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Morton
United States
Republic
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy hell that guy is incredible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.