John Hansel
United States
Spencer
IA
flag msg tools
When building an item, or upgrading your shelter/weapon level, with one pawn and your roll is unsuccessful do you still need to give the resources that the required action demanded, or do you keep them in the resource space?

I was trying to think about this thematically and it depends. If I went to build something with materials and I did not make it to the build site, I would still have the materials. If I was unsuccessful because I was doing a poor job i.e. ripped the hide or split the wood then my materials would be lost.

I could not find this in the rule book or the rule forum. Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You get to keep the resources from an unsuccessful build attempt. I guess it's assumed you didn't set the hide on fire while trying to make a sack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
there are people on both sides of the fence. some say you should lose it, some say you shouldn't. as with most things, if you are finding a particular scenario too easy then try it with the harder rule (where you lose it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules (paraphrasing):

1. You can only use Ressources that are in the Available Ressources space.*
2. If you want to perform an action, you have to have everything you need before the Action Phase (or rather, during the planning step).*
3. If you do not succeed in performing the Action, you keep the Ressources (in the Available Ressources space).

This is fact, and true for any rules version there is.

Theme/Atmosphere (paraphrasing):
1. Make your own kind of music.

*"Anytime" is the exception (if you don't know what I mean, there is a ton of threads...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophus wrote:
When building an item, or upgrading your shelter/weapon level, with one pawn and your roll is unsuccessful do you still need to give the resources that the required action demanded, or do you keep them in the future resource space?

You definitely keep them. It's in the rulebook and/or faq.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is hard enough I can only imagine the pain of losing your fur and wood when you fail to build your shelter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget. The shelter is wood OR fur. Not both. A mistake I made in my first game.

phillosmaster wrote:
This game is hard enough I can only imagine the pain of losing your fur and wood when you fail to build your shelter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.