Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends» Forums » Rules

Subject: What exactly can you do when you run out of summon cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if there is an obvious answer to this; my roommate, another friend, and myself played our first game last night.

We played the 3 Player Deathmatch, which was a blast, however, the game dragged on a bit since the game was slated to end once someone reached 12 points with one color, so every one stopped at 10 or 11 so they could catch up with their lower scoring colors, since you win based on your lowest score.

It got to the point where I had summoned all of my guys from the Barbarian Clan. We read the rules and it basically says, "do not shuffle your discard pile; you may end the game with less than 3 summons in your hand."

So I was completely out of anything to do; I had 2 things in my hand: a Legendary creature that I couldn't summon with my current arrangement and a useless Flare that would only give me more common pieces or an extra action. I honestly just sat there for the last 20 minutes of the game, placing my common pieces randomly for my two actions, then doing nothing.

I couldn't summon the Legendary because of how my Heroic pieces were laid out; why is it that you can't do Standard Moves for an action on your turn? That would have at least given me something to work towards. Or, more importantly, why can't you shuffle your discard pile and keep drawing creatures?

The game was incredibly fun; we all loved it. But after the game finally ended, we scoured the rules for a loophole because I literally sat there doing nothing for the last stretch of the game. Is there something I can do when I'm out of cards that I simply missed?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't someone drawing their last card trigger the end of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Full Rules wrote:
The end of the game is triggered when a player draws the last card from his or her deck

edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
That said, it's only a trigger, so the full round will come back to you (you will be the ending player), so technically you still can place pawns and score (if you have them) or summon from your hand if you still have something to summon (i.e. Legend).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow. I swear we poured over the rules after that game looking for a solution; we were probably looking in the completely wrong place.

Well that explains everything and will definitely make death match more enjoyable later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are on two sides of A4 paper. There aren't that many wrong places to look!

EDIT: And it's the very first line under "THE END OF THE GAME"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.