BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: iOS Board Gaming on TV? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
william braun
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Does anyone have any experience playing iOS board games while using either AirPlay or the HDMI dongle? I have the dongle but would prefer to have something that runs wirelessly. The Google Chromecast would be a great option but I know it does not (yet) accommodate for games. With so many board games coming to tablets I could see having a lot of fun doing a pass and play with a group of family and friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
South Lyon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that in their current incarnations, only games with no hidden information at all can work via airplay since it simply mirrors your display onto the TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already a Tic Tac Toe game for Chromecast that was made as developer sample code by Google, so they are thinking games with it in addition to watching video. Some special partners had it earlier, but Google just released the SDK public a few days ago, and it does have support for iOS as well. It will be interesting to see if any game app creators put that ability to put to Chromecast into their apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.