Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the starter set a while ago and enjoyed it.

Last year I ordered all of the delve packs, but have still not gotten around to giving it a proper go yet. Mostly because I'm not sure how to go about building the decks.

I would prefer a way to create decks semi randomly for solo play so there is a surprise each time I play. But certain quests would require that certain cards be in the dungeon deck. So it would not be quite as easy to just shuffle and draw the top 80 cards. Would be easy enough to do this with the crawler cards though.

Just curious how anyone else who has the starter and delve packs go about making the decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One player suggested dividing up the Dungeon in to piles by type, then adding a particular ratio to the deck:

x50 Character
x10 Trap
x10 Event
x10 Terrain

or something similar.

Then you guess which Quests to use. Since you only ever need to complete 2 Quests, you could take 1 gamble card like Rescue the Damsel, and the more secure cards like Den of Evil or Journey's End (just make sure to put in 15 terrain cards at least and not only 10).

There is always the default win condition of depleting the Dungeon deck if all else fails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
x50 Character
x10 Trap
x10 Event
x10 Terrain
Please explain this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Separate all of your Dungeon cards in to 4 piles by "type", the types are:

Characters
Events
Terrain
Traps

Then draw cards randomly from those piles in the following quantities to build an 80 card Dungeon deck:

x50 Characters
x10 Events
x10 Terrain
x10 Traps

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.