Subject: Expansion will feature Indianapolis and Suzuka rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really would love to dive into this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Allan
United Kingdom
Ashtead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for the new tracks. Now we have our head around the rules, play has sped up significantly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You been sneaking games without me Chris??????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Allan
United Kingdom
Ashtead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
You been sneaking games without me Chris??????

Had to teach the kids, both big F1 fans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
When we will be able to find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like SPA by Guiseppe Rossini will beat them to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Gossett
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
I wonder if the Indianapolis board will feature the oval as playable. I'd love to see if the game translates well to ovals. An Indycar or NASCAR championship would be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mobius118 wrote:
I wonder if the Indianapolis board will feature the oval as playable. I'd love to see if the game translates well to ovals. An Indycar or NASCAR championship would be fun.

That would mean two set of Track cards for 'one' circuit. Not sure that would happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Indianapolis and Suzuka still on for the next expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends how much of the '90' theme is kept. I certainly don't associate Indianapolis with F1 of that era. The iconic 90's locations we have yet to see would have to include Suzuka, Interlagos, Imola, and Hockenheim. Mexico might be an interesting choice because of its reinstatement for this year.

However, I'd be willing to bet that this area is a legal minefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Lumpy75 wrote:
I guess it depends how much of the '90' theme is kept. I certainly don't associate Indianapolis with F1 of that era. The iconic 90's locations we have yet to see would have to include Suzuka, Interlagos, Imola, and Hockenheim.

I agree. I would love to see Interlagos and Hockenheim (in its 90's long 6815 km configuration, of course) as the two tracks for the next expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But will Hockenheim be fun to play with all these long straights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Slotracer wrote:
But will Hockenheim be fun to play with all these long straights?

Maybe a new mechanic will come up for it, like... I don't know... maybe double-trajectories or something like that.

Also, a new car setup could come up, where beyond the tires, you can also choose to use more or less wing, granting advantage on straights and disadvantage on brakes/corners, and vice versa on the opposite setup.

And the chicanes may use the extreme trajectories rules (I think they probably should), so we get a second track that use them.

In any case, I believe it would be completely different race from everything we have already.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb

I did this by cutting and pasting parts from an image of Monza's circuit, so its track itself it's obviously just barely close to what might come to be an original track (specially the chicanes' areas). Also, I didn't work on the off-track trajectories nor the weather track yet... and everything need to be play-tested, of course.

In any case, I just wanted to have a mind image of what I was talking about, and one of the things that I got from it is that you can make longer sections for Hockenheim's straits, giving the sense of the high speed reached in this sections, just like they did in Monaco's tunnel.

I also did a suggestion for the 'wings AoA setup' that I've talked about (you may choose to have more wing, less wing or just carry on with the normal setup, without any advantages nor penalties).

edit v1.1: Add escape areas and a basic weather track. Reduced the braking marks.
edit v1.2: Add corner numbers, names and contest bonus/penalties
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second corner (the chicane) - if you succeed on a LB, can you then use the green trajectory?

Are you going to make cards for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Slotracer wrote:
Second corner (the chicane) - if you succeed on a LB, can you then use the green trajectory?

In all three chicanes, if the section is empty, I believe you could. What do you think?

And what about the 'wings AoA setup'? For me this is one of the most pronounced aspects of car setup in old Hockenheimring - it would be nice to have a rule to simulate it. Any thoughts?

Slotracer wrote:
Are you going to make cards for it?

I'm intending to get some hints and opinions here, then work a little more on the track to make it better, after that, maybe going for cards... also, only if they're not making Hockenheim officially for Expansion #2, then I believe we can making it as a fan made track ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice first attempt at Hockenheim.

I've not tried the course, but I like the way it looks like cars in the chicanes will do a good job of holding up cars trying to take advantage of the red trajectories.

If I could make some suggestions.
The stadium section doesn't seem right. When the cars were set up for the straights, this part was slow and twitchy. There should be more corners and fewer straights. Maybe:
1) Remove the two straights between Sachs and Sudkurve.
2) Remove the two straights between Agip and Sachs and replace with a single braking section.
...but then does this make the stadium section too short. Hmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumpy75 wrote:

...but then does this make the stadium section too short. Hmmm...

Just add one straight on each side of Turn 3 Ostkurve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I never picked up the Indy circuit or Japan for Formula De.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Alright. Thanks, guys!

As I'm starting to work on the v1.3, the first thing I'm doing is to get the outline of the track closer to what it should be, so the proportions between the stadium and the rest of the track are more spot on, and the stadium turns out to be slower. Soon, I'll be cutting it into sections and updating all of the information we had until v1.2

Thoughts?

edit: I've uploaded the complete v1.3 (still missing out of track trajectories. Also, still need to work on weather track)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some spaces look very small and will cause problems to fit more than 3-4 cars - Turn 6 especially (not sure I like it as a 3 spaces corner).

How about moving more of the circuit info inside the circuit (and perhaps skip the setup for wings [not the rule, just the info])?

And it's only called Hockenheim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Slotracer wrote:
Some spaces look very small and will cause problems to fit more than 3-4 cars - Turn 6 especially (not sure I like it as a 3 spaces corner).

I know, I know... I was trying to add to it the feeling of the slowness of the stadium compared to the forest part of the circuit. I think I will keep that way until the play test I'm intending to do this weekend (as soon as I finish v1.4 - with offtrack trajectories and penalties) and see if it works.

Slotracer wrote:
How about moving more of the circuit info inside the circuit (and perhaps skip the setup for wings [not the rule, just the info])?

Yes. I'm just keeping it there until we play test it a few times, then I'm intending to move it out from the board and make a small image "punch board" with 6 chits for the wings' setup.

Slotracer wrote:
And it's only called Hockenheim.

Well, the city is Hockenheim, but the track itself is called Hockenheimring... I'm going with Hockenheimring so far, but I guess call it just Hockenheim is more, hm... I would say... traditional, heheh.

PS: Do you guys think I should create a new thread for this, since it looks like we're getting out of the OP? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you should create a new thread. Great work so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Alright. A thread specifically for this Hockenheim fan made track is now on! Check it out and let's do this together laugh

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1339881/hockenheim-track-fa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens to Indianapolis and Suzuka?
Third expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.