Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
149 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF#58 - Intergalactic Arena 2: Revenge of BlueTorch (Blue Team Wins!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our story thus far ...

Bored with their omnipotence, the Gods of the Universe created a competition to help amused themselves. They selected the mightiest warriors from across the galaxy and summoned them here to do combat in the Intergalactic Arena.

President Slathe was ruler of the galaxy -- a fighter and leader without peer. He sought to use the contest as a means to ascend to the level of a God. He was victorious in combat in the Intergalactic Arena, and true to their word, the Council of the Gods granted him the divinity he sought..

However, Slathe saw weakness and apathy within the gods and accused them of wasting their Almighty Powers for selfish and petty amusement. He drained the powers of the God BlueTorch, destroyed the other Gods, and condemned BlueTorch to live out the rest of his days as a mere mortal.

Doctor Seen assumed the new mantle of President after Slathe’s disappearance. His mighty reach extended across the stars, as if guided by the Gods themselves. However, his reach may have extended too far for he has met opposition in the border worlds from a resistance faction known as the Red Brigade. As a symbol of their resistance, the leader of the Red Brigade has taken on the name of the renown champion of the Slave Pits of Ragnor - Bomber II.

The new God of the Universe, Slathe, has grown frustrated with the new President's reluctance to engage in a direct confrontation with Bomber II. The President must be tested. So once again, the gates of the Intergalactic Arena have been opened, and the mightiest warriors from across the Galaxy have been summoned to do battle.

ALL those champions who were victorious in the first competition have returned to do battle once more ... although some have grown more powerful since they last fought. They will be joined by new champions from across the stars eager to prove their might and win fame and fortune for their people.

As for the defeated combatants from that competition ... the fates of their home worlds have long since been sealed. NONE shall return.

And so, once more, the gong will toll, and the mightiest warriors from across the galaxy will FIGHT to the death ... in the Intergalactic Arena!

However ...

One combatant enters the contest with a hidden agenda. Stripped of his Godhood and left for dead, the former God BlueTorch seeks vengeance. Now going by the moniker of Tyrant, he enters the contest seeking an opportunity to reclaim his almighty powers once more ...

Note to new players: This is an advanced game, with many special roles. You must have participated in two 2R1B PBFs previously (or have special permission) before signing up here. Specifically, there are key differences when it comes to role selection!

Note to participants: while this is a variant game, there are NO hidden rules/ win objectives, etc. Other than the theme and role selection, it is otherwise a traditional game of 2R1B.

Role-Call:
1. DeMorcerf
2. dxmify
3. SlinkyDink
4. slathe
5. shawnad2006
6. nolemonplease
7. namyzarc
8. rathstar
9. Kiwi13cubed
10. CraigRJ
11. mfl134
12. mowglee
13. dangermark
14. talusproteus
15. zeebo30
16. Seen
17. Itai
18. Machiavellian)
19. longlivesquare
20. Natsume
21. Rochelle
22. eskmoe
23. SailingChris
24. nickismyname
25. varoan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF#59 - Intergalactic Arena 2: Revenge of BlueTorch
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ROLE DIVISION - IMPORTANT!

The way roles work in this set-up will be unique, compared to previous games. Outside of President/Bomber and Doctor/Engineer, there will be NO paired roles!

I will choose a number of additional roles equal to the number of players subtract five. These roles will be RANDOMLY distributed between the two teams. I will, however, ensure that each team has an equal number of players.

E.g. if I decide to include the Mayor role, I will randomly choose which side has the mayor. If Blue gets the Mayor, then there will be NO Red Mayor in the game. Each team will have roles that are completely unique to their team!

I will list which roles I am including in the game, and how they are played. However, I will not state which team I have randomly assigned them to! So, if the Mayor is in play, it is up to you to discover if it is the Blue Mayor or Red Mayor in the game.

WORKING ROLESET

BLUE TEAM

President - Blue Team wins if you do not gain the "dead" condition.

Doctor - When playing with the Doctor, the Blue Team has the following additional win condition: the President must card share with the Doctor before the end of the game or the Blue Team loses.

x Blue roles

RED TEAM

Bomber - Everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the "Dead" condition. The Red Team wins if the President gains the "dead" condition.

Engineer - When playing with the Engineer, the Red Team has the following additional win condition: the Bomber must card share with the Engineer before the end of the game or the Red Team loses.

x Red roles

GREY TEAM

Tyrant - You win if President and Bomber don’t card share with you by the end of the game. If you win, all other players lose. Tyrant begins with the “foolish” condition. Players with the “foolish” condition can never turn down an offer to card share.[/q]

OTHER COMPETITORS (allegiances unknown) (returning champions marked with )

Agent - you have the AGENT power: once per round, you may privately reveal your card to a player and force that player to card share with you. You must verbally say to the target player, "I’m using my AGENT power. You MUST reveal your card to me."

Angel - You begin with the "honest" condition. Players with the "honest" condition must always verbally tell the truth.

Body Snatcher - You have the BODY SNATCHER power: if anyone card shares with your Body Snatcher card, they must give you their character card. Cards captured in this way are considered your face cards. You may show any face card you wish in future private, public, color, and card shares as long as you still have a Body Snatcher card (even if it is not your own). However, you gain neither the allegiance nor the powers of any acquired face cards, including any characters with powers that activate during a reveal. Players whose cards were stolen maintain their powers and allegiance, but have obviously lost all ability to share their cards with others or use any power that requires them to private, public, color or card share.
* Note: when using face cards that have powers, you should not allow players to believe your power has influence over them.
* Note about primary characters: remember that characters still retain their abilities and powers. This means that the Bomber still provides everyone with the “dead” condition at the end of the game with or without his/her card. The President is still the President with or without his/her card.

Shy Identity Thief Bully - When a player agrees to color share with you, you may private reveal instead. They must private reveal their card too.

Clown - You must include a happy faced emoticon in every post.

Demon - You begin with the "liar" condition. Players with the "liar" condition must always verbally tell the lie.

Drunk - This character card requires the following setup: before characters cards are dealt but after they are shuffled, randomly remove a character card. This is the sober character card. The Drunk card is then placed into the deck of character cards. Reshuffle the character cards. At the beginning of the
last round of the game, the Drunk player should replace their Drunk card with the sober card. If they lost their Drunk character card (e.g. the Body Snatcher stole it), the sober card should still be retrieved. The player assumes all powers and responsibilities associated with the sober character card.
*Note: the buried card will not be a VIP or Tyrant.

Immunologist - You are immune to all powers and conditions without exception.

Interrogator - Once per round you may privately reveal to any player in the room and ask them a single yes/no question to which they must answer honestly. If they sincerely don’t know the answer to the question, then they should indicate such. When using the Interrogate ability, you must verbally announce to your target player, "I am using my Interrogate ability," as you privately reveal your card to them.

Kangaroo - Once per game, during any round but the last, you may permanently publicly reveal your card and move to the other room. Upon entering the other room, you must immediately choose another player to kick out. That player must immediately leave the room and go to the other room. If that player was the leader, the room loses its leader and elects one as in the first round.

Mayor - When you publicly reveal your card, your vote counts as two votes. If you're double-voting, please make it clear when you vote. Double-vote doesn't increase players required to usurp, though it still have to be a majority.

Mime (rules tweaked for PBF!) - do your best to not make any noise. Seriously, shut up. You’re bothering everyone. In PBF terms, Mimes are limited to posting in pictures only. Mimes can select hostages, quote (you must quote an entire sentence if you do quote), reveal, and vote, but their own posts and whispers are limited to emoticons, wordless GIFs, ASCII, personal artwork - anything without actual letters or numbers (think Pictionary with animation). Mimes may also make posts describing themselves doing actions, so long as they make it as literal as possible.

Negotiator - You may only card share. You may not publicly reveal, privately reveal, or color share.

Paparrazzo (rules tweaked for PBF!) - You may privately reveal your card to another player. If you do, that player gains the "tattle" condition. Players with the "tattle" condition must include you on all whispers, as well as forward any whispers they receive to you, for the remainder of the round.

If you publicly reveal your card, ALL players gain the "tattle" condition for that round.

Note: The "tattle" condition is wiped clean at the end of every round. Players who have previously had the tattle condition are immune from ever re-acquiring it.

Pirate - you have the PIRATE power: you may publicly reveal your Pirate card, pick any player in the room (besides yourself) and verbally and loudly tell them, "Argh, walk the plank." However, your card must permanently remain publicly revealed for the rest of the game. This means that you can only use this power once. Your target player gains the "blasted" condition. A player with the “blasted” condition must be one of the hostages exchanged at the end of the round. If the PIRATE power is used during the last round, then that player is the single hostage.

Note: If a player with the "blasted" condition were to acquire the "tackled" condition, the two conditions would cancel one another, leaving the player with neither condition.

Rat - Once per game you may permanently publicly reveal your card and then leave to the opposing room. You must return to your original room before the end of the round. While in the opposing room, you may not vote.

Security - you have the TACKLE power: you may publicly reveal your Security card, pick any player in the room (besides yourself) and verbally tell them, "You're going nowhere." However, your card must permanently remain publicly revealed for the rest of the game. This means that you can only use this power once. If the target of your TACKLE power is not on the same team as you, they gain the "tackled" condition. "Tackled" players can't leave as a hostage this round.

If Security uses the TACKLE power on a member of their own team, then that teammate player gains the “torn” condition. A player with the “torn” condition must permanently publicly reveal their card regardless of any powers or acquired conditions. This permanent public reveal is a punishment for choosing a member of the same team.

Note: If a player with the "tackled" condition were to acquire the "blasted" condition, the two conditions would cancel one another, leaving the player with neither condition.

Fugitive Tease - When you color share, you reveal your role (but not your color). You card share as normal. You may not private or public reveal.

Time Lord (rules tweaked for PBF!) - You have the TIME power. Publicly (and permanently) reveal your card at any time and verbally announce "Time's Up!" (You must make this post in BOTH rooms - but do not read the posts in the other room!) The round immediately ends. Leaders will have a chance to choose hostages before the next round begins, but NO MORE COMMUNICATION can occur between players. This may cause round start/end times to change devil

PBF Restrictions: Cannot be used in round 1.

Voyeur (Rules tweaked for this game) - At any time, you may look at the buried sober card.

Werewolf (new powers!) - you have the WEREWOLF power: any player that card shares or color shares with you gains the "bitten" condition. A ny player that card shares or color shares with a "bitten" player is then also "bitten." All “bitten” players must answer any question you ask as honestly and informatively as possible.
* Note: It is important for players to indicate that they are "bitten" when card or color sharing with another. Players need to also indicate which player is the known werewolf. This way all a newly “bitten” player knows whose questions must be answered honestly. This is usually done by whispering something along the lines of, "I'm bitten and now so are you. Slinkydink is the Werewolf, so if he asks you any questions, answer the best you can."
* Note: asking players about what they plan to do in the future is a waste of a question. Changing your plans doesn’t make you dishonest. It makes you fickle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Combat Terminology in the Intergalactic Arena

Note: The purpose of this terminology is solely to aid in setting the theme during the game. Its use is completely optional by the participants. If used, it must also be accompanied by the appropriate game term, as in the examples below.

1. Sparring (Color Reveal)

Sparring allows you test the allegiance of your fellow competitors in the Intergalactic Arena. At any point in time, you may challenge another combatant to spar with you. If they accepted, their fighting style and ferocity towards you will help give you insight as to their allegiance (and they to yours)

E.g.: I challenge BlueTorch to a sparring session. (co-colour reveal)
I accept a sparring session with BlueTorch. (co-colour reveal)

2. Dueling (Role Reveal or "co-reveal")

To truly understand your adversary, you must engage them in one-on-one combat. Combattants are welcome to duel each other at any point in time during their time in the Intergalactic Arena. In a duel, you will fight each other with all of your ability. To duel another competitor is to know them completely; nothing will be held back. You will gain a complete understanding of their allegiance and powers (and they of yours).

E.g.: I challenge BlueTorch to a Duel! (co-role reveal)
I accept a Duel with BlueTorch! (co-role reveal)

3. Conceding a Duel or Spar (Private Role Reveal or Private colour Reveal)

If your opponent outmatches you, you may agree to declare them the victor of an impending duel or sparring session. They will gain insight into your motives and powers, but you will gain none towards theirs. Victors are encouraged to chastise the fighting spirit of the conceding player. (Although this can be a good in-game maneuver)

E.g.: I concede a sparring session with BlueTorch. (private colour reveal)
I concede a duel to BlueTorch. (private role reveal)

2. Rules of the Competition

When the bell tolls five times, all team members in both chambers will do battle. If President is still alive at the end of this fight, the Blue Team will be declared the victors!

3. The Combatants!

Coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved. Please sign up below!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The danger's in the subtlety...
badge
That's in between the lines... Between the darkness and the light...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been summoned!
...again.

IN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis J. Underwood
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF#59 - Intergalactic Arena 2: Revenge of BlueTorch (Sign-up! Feb. 17! FIGHT!)
Me me meeeee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2R1B PBF#59 - Intergalactic Arena 2: Revenge of BlueTorch (Sign-up! Feb. 17! FIGHT!)
Definitely in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Dhalsim has really let himself go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Definitely in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dxmify wrote:
Me me meeeee

It appears a worthy challenger has appeared from the infant planet of DX-Mify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Definitely in.

In if I can be on Shawna's team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
^ Dhalsim has really let himself go.

Power corrupts. When a charismatic warrior leader usurps the sedentary power, it is only a matter of time before his reign also becomes complacent and fat on the fruit of it's throne. Classic ibn Khaldun cycles of empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play. I think I've been in 2 2R1B games..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
crap, can I get special permission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
I AM IN.

(sneakiwily, of course )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In please...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
In.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mfl134 wrote:
In.

Spock is back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
In.

Spock is back!

All is right with the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miiiiiiiiiiiike stop getting married and start playing more resistance games with meeeeeeeeeeeee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.