10 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple questions after first S.A.G.S. game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe Cicchini
Canada
flag msg tools
Me and my friend played our first S.A.G.S. game, we had a bunch of questions we need confirmed before we play again.

1.Can you interrupt more then once at a time?(if i interrupt with a shoot and miss can i then use an interrupt move, and an interrupt melee to move in for a melee if i miss, or 1 interrupt action for every duel?)

2. Can i throw a grenade from out of cover/bounce of walls to make it get an enemy behind a wall, or would i have to be in thats character line of sight risking getting shot before i can throw a grenade?

3.When doing an action do you get 1 dice automatically? or is it only how many dice the card tells you to roll?(I use 1 CP to shoot, my shooting gives me +3 die if in range, do i get 4 die from the 1cp shoot option or is that only for every additional CP after the first?)

4.Why do some tiles have -1 Mp's on them? does that mean that character placing it will loose 1mp if they are that faction? or is it if theyre in the area during game?

5.When there is a timer(timed bomb, smoke grenade, etc) does it last for full turns(until final phase) or just the number of activation phases?

6.If another character has an order tile on them and i already activated and moved another character just before, can i spend CP on the first character or can you only spend CP on one character per phase?

7.If you spend a CP to draw a new order tile can you activate a character with it or do you have to let you opponent go before you can activate?

8.Does the game just keep alternating between players activation phases until all players pass?

9.When shooting an enemy while standing on a square adjacent do you still have to roll for distance?

10.Why does a grenade blow up in a Cross pattern, instead of 3 by 3? this seems unthematic to me, my friend ran into a room, dropped a grenade next to my guy and stood next to him on the corner just out of the blast, how would standing next to a grenade be safe?

11.when choosing starting equipment do you have to stick to your factions equipment, the rule book says flip the deck and choose your equipment, but it doesnt state if you flip it to your side or the other side or anything like that.

Theres probably so many more questions i have i just cant remember any of the other problems we encountered while playing.

thanks in advanced for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
Quote:
1.Can you interrupt more then once at a time?(if i interrupt with a shoot and miss can i then use an interrupt move, and an interrupt melee to move in for a melee if i miss, or 1 interrupt action for every duel?)

2 Gold and/or Red actions in an interrupt.

Quote:
2. Can i throw a grenade from out of cover/bounce of walls to make it get an enemy behind a wall, or would i have to be in thats character line of sight risking getting shot before i can throw a grenade?

You can throw a grenade in a target space. So it is possible to throw it on a wall space. If the wall get broken (10 hitpoints), the figure behinde will be hit.

Quote:
3.When doing an action do you get 1 dice automatically? or is it only how many dice the card tells you to roll?(I use 1 CP to shoot, my shooting gives me +3 die if in range, do i get 4 die from the 1cp shoot option or is that only for every additional CP after the first?)

You get as much dice as your skill allow. It can be 0 (automatic hit) or more. The 1cp is only for using the order. Extra dice you only get from additional CPs after the first.

Quote:
4.Why do some tiles have -1 Mp's on them? does that mean that character placing it will loose 1mp if they are that faction? or is it if they're in the area during game?

It is the cost of 1 Mission point for activation.

Quote:
5.When there is a timer(timed bomb, smoke grenade, etc) does it last for full turns(until final phase) or just the number of activation phases?

Remove 1 timer token in the final phase. If there is no timer token, applie the effect (after remove the last).

Quote:
6.If another character has an order tile on them and i already activated and moved another character just before, can i spend CP on the first character or can you only spend CP on one character per phase?

You can only spend CP on a character you have activated. Just one.

Quote:
7.If you spend a CP to draw a new order tile can you activate a character with it or do you have to let you opponent go before you can activate?

Spending cp for drawing an order tile, your round is over and the next players round start.

Quote:
8.Does the game just keep alternating between players activation phases until all players pass?

Activation phase ends if all players pass successively.

Quote:
9.When shooting an enemy while standing on a square adjacent do you still have to roll for distance?

Distance = 1.

Quote:
10.Why does a grenade blow up in a Cross pattern, instead of 3 by 3? this seems unthematic to me, my friend ran into a room, dropped a grenade next to my guy and stood next to him on the corner just out of the blast, how would standing next to a grenade be safe?

Ask the designer.

Quote:
11.when choosing starting equipment do you have to stick to your factions equipment, the rule book says flip the deck and choose your equipment, but it doesnt state if you flip it to your side or the other side or anything like that.

Sorry, don't know.

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe Cicchini
Canada
flag msg tools
you helped for the most part but i think you misunderstood my first question, i know that red/yellow is interruptions, im asking if i interrupt once already, can i do it again?(with the same, or different character?) or is it only 1 interruption per enemies action?

also if a character is already activated with an order with an interruption, can i use that one to interrupt or do i have to put a new order tile on him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
>>10.Why does a grenade blow up in a Cross pattern, instead of 3 by 3? this seems unthematic to me, my friend ran into a room, dropped a grenade next to my guy and stood next to him on the corner just out of the blast, how would standing next to a grenade be safe?

My guess is that it was a design decision because of orthogonal attack for melee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
Do not click on it!
badge
I play with red!
mbmbmbmbmb
TowelieMcTowel07 wrote:
you helped for the most part but i think you misunderstood my first question, i know that red/yellow is interruptions, im asking if i interrupt once already, can i do it again?(with the same, or different character?) or is it only 1 interruption per enemies action?

also if a character is already activated with an order with an interruption, can i use that one to interrupt or do i have to put a new order tile on him?

The first question came up here several times. For the exact same situation you can only ask for a duel once and you must decide which character ask. Then you can only ask again when a new situation occurs, like enemy steps adjacent tile. Look at the given example.

You can use the first order tile and can give him a new one. But you can only do 2 orders per interruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Kane wrote:
joe wrote:
4.Why do some tiles have -1 Mp's on them? does that mean that character placing it will loose 1mp if they are that faction? or is it if they're in the area during game?
It is the cost of 1 Mission point for activation.
I guess Joe is talking about MP Cost. Tiles, doors, character and equipament cards has a MP Cost. This cost should be payed when it deployed.

joe wrote:
From rulebook:
rules pg. 36 wrote:
Each player takes his deck and secretly chooses one Equipment card from it which he places behind his screen. Players can check out the back side of their cards, but the Equipment chosen must be of the side with their color.

It is not as explicit as you would like. But I guess should keep the card facing your faction. Maybe looking at search rule it could help, because when you take a card (through searching) you keep its facing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe Cicchini
Canada
flag msg tools
only a couple tiles seem to have MP costs, i just dont understand why a couple of them do, the graveyard makes sence as its a permanent zombie raising spot, where as the others are just hallways/corridors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TowelieMcTowel07 wrote:
only a couple tiles seem to have MP costs, i just dont understand why a couple of them do, the graveyard makes sence as its a permanent zombie raising spot, where as the others are just hallways/corridors?

Take a look on the other side of those tiles. Probably there is a good feature to other faction... so you are denying that feature when putting this corridor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe Cicchini
Canada
flag msg tools
why didnt they put the MP points symbol on the better side then? i thought the symbols on tiles only counted on the side the symbol is on..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charis
Switzerland
Genève
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TowelieMcTowel07 wrote:
why didnt they put the MP points symbol on the better side then? i thought the symbols on tiles only counted on the side the symbol is on..

From Rafael's answer i understand that you pay MP's because you denied the option to your opponent to place the same tile from the other side and thus benefit from the symbols that are printed there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.