Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Totter
Denmark
Brønshøj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 1 coreset and 2 regiments per player:

1) How would you rank the 4 armies against each other?

2) Which race is best/worst against another race?

3) And how do you view a 2vs2 fight with Empire and Elves vs. Chaos and Orcs?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Hmmm, tough to say, right now I'd say Orcs are top (beefy units, relatively easy to use), but really the armies are pretty well balanced, so it's not like picking Orcs guarantees the win.

2) I haven't noticed any especially poor match ups either, but I suppose that would depend on your army build, terrain selection, and objectives.

3) Sounds like fun! I just need two more players. :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Miles Chapman
Canada
flag msg tools
In my opinion orcs are top, great units, good diversity of melee and range, could use another caster (at least their better off than empire), beefy heroes, grimgor is incredible.

Empire is next, great ranged combat, physical resistance is great, heroes are great, lots of choice.

High Elves are good but too dependent on range and magic, magic resistance/immunity screws them as do bad die rolls, however mobile teclis is amazing, winds of morai-hei is fantastic, and shield of saphery (asuryan?) is game breakingly wonderful.

Chaos are last in my opinion. I love and hate chaos so much, they have incredible cards, neat strategies and the most overpowered disks but the end result is an army that somehow plays worse than the sum of its parts. Its bizarre but they really end up being quite poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Witt
msg tools
"1 Core Set"

^with that in mind..

Fairly even for all options, terrain plays a bigger role in which army/composition/strategy has an edge in pretty much any match up than the armies themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Totter
Denmark
Brønshøj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got to play it. Even tho The Empire won against the Orcs, the objective "generalcide" worked really against the in-your-face Orc heroes while Karl Franz and Luther were more happy to sit back.

Was also very happy to see terrain had a bigger impact, than I would have thought - and easily more than in regular warhammer fantasy battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.